My favourite Rogue Crew characters (spoiler alert!)

Started by Martha Braebuck, July 30, 2011, 05:56:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Log-a-Log

I can't decide wether Swiffo or Rake Nightfur is my favorite
I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

Mad Maudie

Quote from: Martha Braebuck on July 30, 2011, 05:56:54 PM
And I was pretty sad when Kite died, she was really nice, She's almost as awesome as Ranguvar Foeseeker.

I loved kite!!!!!!!!!!
Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly and I don't know why
If our love's tragedy why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity why are you my clarity?
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

Melody

Mad Maudie

Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly and I don't know why
If our love's tragedy why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity why are you my clarity?
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

Blademaster

Cluny-"Shut up!" Cheesethief-"Shutting up chief."

eualaia

Quote from: Blademaster on January 15, 2012, 03:21:20 AM
Rake and his tomahawks... aww ya. ;D

uhh rake used basket hilted claymores. and rake is the coolest hare of rouge crew
wolves will slay whoever they want to.....*growl* "AGHH''

Dotti

Rake was awesome!  For some reason, I wasn't surprised when Swiffo died.  When the language started sounding like he was a goner, I thought "Oh, yeah, of course he has to die.  Poor Swiffo." Not sure why.  Maybe because a lot of times the gentler ones die instead of the warriors(ex. Abbott Mortimer, Sayna (Luke's wife), Shogg, Rose, etc.)  I thought the Rogue Crew was INCREDIBLY improved over the last few books Mr. Jacques wrote.  I loved Rake Nightfur.  I love highland accents!  It definitely had a different tone from most of the other books.  It did have great characters!
"Aha! Today I shall become an author, and I shall auth, and auth, and auth, and make a squillion dollars! Whoopee!!!"
~Brian Jacques

redwallgurl

yeah i liked this alot but rake nightfur and skor axehound talked alot like they were the 2 main characters to me and they included the other characters but i guess i wasnt really touched by the other characters like in some other books i had read by him
Fun. is a fantastic band.

Tiria Wildlough

Since I have recently read The Rogue Crew, I can add to this topic. ;D
I really liked Kite the Slayer and that vermin who criticized Uggo's name. :D
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Tiria Wildlough

Quote from: Nightfire on August 04, 2011, 08:07:28 PM
Quote from: Martha Braebuck on July 30, 2011, 05:56:54 PM

And I was pretty sad when Kite died, she was really nice, She's almost as awesome as Ranguvar Foeseeker.

I agree. Kite was awesome, but not as awesome as Ranguvar Foeseeker!
No, Kite was awesomer. Ranguvar just ranted and died.
(Edit: Sorry for double posting! I didn't realize! :-[)
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

WildDoogyPlumm

I have so many favorite characters in this book!

Poor Swiffo. :'( I remember just reading and cheering for him to win the tree climbing race then boom - he's dead!  I liked him because he was clever and playful and an overall nice guy.

Drander.  Why did half of my favorite characters die in this book?  He kept getting into trouble, but when the battle was going on he was a good warrior and very loyal.

Kite.  She was fiercely loyal and and a good friend and warrior.

Rake Nightfur.  Experienced captain, quick-thinking, tough fighter, and a Highlander.  In my opinion one of the best Long Patrol hares in the series.

"Guid warriors cannae rest 'til those dirty slayers are paid out in steel for their crimes, ye ken?" - Doogy

Vilu Daskar

Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

clunylooney

Quote from: Blademaster on January 15, 2012, 03:21:20 AM
Rake and his tomahawks... aww ya. ;D
Um... Tomahawks are native american axes. Rake used Claymores which are scottish swords, used for hand to hand combat and cavalry combat.

Fun Fact: Claymores were used in the 1700s to distinguish Scottish officers from English officers
Quote from: wikipedia
When Scottish and English regiments were integrated together, the swords were seen as a mark of distinction by Scottish officers over the more slender sabres used by their English contemporaries

"ABSOFLIPPINLUTELY" - Me