Dueling Roulette (Round 2) Rainshadow(Jas) vs. Shadefur Nightblade(Bloodfeather)

Started by BrookSkimmer, December 10, 2013, 03:52:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrookSkimmer

You may begin your duel here whenever you are ready! Before you start make sure you have read the rules for dueling here and the rules and basics for the roulette here.

You will have until Dec 31st to complete this duel.

Rainshadow

OOC:  Just gonna jump right into the fighting here.  Sorry for such a long time without posting!  Better late than never, I suppose...

BIC:

Jas stood in the tree, hidden behind a large branch.  She'd heard a noise in the distance and had come now to investigate, wondering what could be in her territory.  Vermin?  Goodbeasts?  But those were almost the same to her.  Nobeast was friendly, all were foes.

Hissing quietly, the black squirrel peered around her branch, spotting a flicker of movement.  Possibly a bird, but it was too hard to tell.  Still, she had her bow in paw, an arrow strung and waiting for the beast to show itself.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Shadefur nightblade

Bloodfeather saw a slight rustle of the trees and swooped down, streaking like lightning at the cause of the disturbance, after all it might be food, he thought. talons raised he prepared to snatch away the tasty morsel that he was attacking.

Rainshadow

The unknown beast was coming closer, Jas realized.  From where, she knew not, but she could hear the wings of the creature flapping.  A bird.  Hopefully just a crow, but probably some bird of prey.

Pulling the string of the bow closer to her face, the squirrel swung herself around the branch, shooting in the direction of the noise.  That's when she saw it.  A golden eagle.  It was a beautiful creature, but deadly as well.  So now Jas ran, scrambling through the branches of the tree she'd been perched in, trying to make it to the next.  She did not want to become a meal!
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Shadefur nightblade

Bloodfeather dipped down below the arrow, just above the tree in which his next meal was. Gliding down through a gap in the top branches, he extended his claws and slashed viciously at the squirrel's middle, trying to tear away some flesh.

Rainshadow

Jumping out of the way was Jas' best option, but unfortunately, out of the way meant plummeting at least twenty feet to the ground.  Still, she dove out of the tree, feeling the eagle's talons rake across her back.  They didn't go deep, but it was enough to sting quite a bit.

As she fell, the black squirrel spun around to face the bird, nocking an arrow to her string and firing.  She knew it was going to miss, as it was impossible to aim whilst falling, but maybe it could scare the beast off.

Shadefur nightblade

Bloodfeather shrieked loudly and swooped well out of the way of the arrow, then sped down in a dive and slashed viciously with beak at the squirrel, speeding past her and then swooping up right as he was about to hi the ground, and landed in a nearby tree.

Rainshadow

Jas let out a gasp as the hooked beak of the bird cut through her leg.  The wound, she could tell, was small and deep, and it felt like he'd hit bone.  Very painful.  Very painful indeed.

Not only that, but as soon as she'd identified the injury, the squirrel hit the ground.  Hard.  The only reason she didn't die right there was that she'd landed in a large bush.  Still, the air had been knocked out of her, and she could no longer feel her leg.  Stupid bird.

After lying there for as long as she could risk, Jas inhaled deeply and took out another arrow, setting it to the string as fast as possible.  This was rather slow, as she'd just fallen twenty feet, but it was a fast sort of slow.  What was even slower was the aiming process, which took an unbearably long time.  Were there three eagles or one?  Finally she fired for the center one, hoping it would hit.  She didn't know how much longer she could last.

Shadefur nightblade

Bloodfeather shrieked and jumped into the air to avoid the arrow but it still cut his talon. He clacked his beak loudly and did a curving swoop, hoping to catch the squirrel unawares andand rap his talons around it, pinning to the ground so he could finish it off.