Dueling Roulette (Round 2) JukkatheSling(Gwen) vs. Tiny Jakalope(Illeia Kane)

Started by BrookSkimmer, December 10, 2013, 03:55:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrookSkimmer

You may begin your duel here whenever you are ready! Before you start make sure you have read the rules for dueling here and the rules and basics for the roulette here.

You will have until Dec 31st to complete this duel.

Jukka the Sling

The sun was high overhead as the young mousemaid emerged from the trees. Tucked in her belt was a knife and a sling, with a pouch of stones next to them. Across her back she carried a bow and a quiver of arrows.

Gwen's quick blue eyes darted about, taking in the scene that lay before her. In the distance lay a crumbling fortress, with a small lake on one side and the forest on the other. She stood there, wondering briefly what the structure had once been. Then her sense of adventure kicked in, and she found herself running across the open expanse of land toward the fortress, the wind ruffling her fur.

Arriving out of breath, Gwen sat down for a minute to catch it. As she did, she looked around in awe at the immense castle. I wonder what this was? Who built it? Standing up, the mousemaid decided to explore a bit before lunch.

Though partially destroyed, the place was still impressive in its sheer immensity. One could tell that somebeast of importance had once lived here. Half-rotted draperies moved slightly as some stray breeze wafted through the abandoned rooms. There were old dungeons that Gwen attempted to explore, but the mildewy, moldy smell (plus the fact that they were paw-deep in water) made her give up. The mousemaid returned to have her lunch.

Just as Gwen sat down and opened her bag of provisions, she noticed movement out of the corner of her eye, a bit out of range of a slingstone. She turned and unslung her bow. Reaching for an arrow, she notched it to her bowstring. I hope I don't actually have to use this. I'm not terribly good with it.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Tiny Jackalope

A black fox stepped into the light holding a spear. "Get off my land! Now!"
*SMACKFACE*
a mere rebel... as mere as this dot -> .

Jukka the Sling

Gwen studied the fox for a moment, still keeping her bow trained on it. It was a vixen, wearing a black cloak and a matching pair of boots. The mousemaid raised her voice and called back, her voice dripping sarcasm. "Oh, please accept my apologies, Your Majesty! I'll leave this instant, Your Highness!"

Then she stopped her mockery, her voice drastically changing tone. "Now you listen to me, fox." Gwen spat the last word disgustedly. "I warn you, I don't play nice. Now, you leave, and maybe you won't get hurt." As she said this, she drew back her bowstring until the arrow fletching brushed her cheek. Despite her show of bravado, Gwen was still a bit worried about her lack of expertise with the bow. If I can just lure her a bit more within range, I can use my sling. For Martin's sake, what a loser she is. I wasn't bothering her at all, and here she comes, armed, and tells me to leave.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Tiny Jackalope

Illeia was enraged and began to charge at Gwen with her spear at the ready.
*SMACKFACE*

Jukka the Sling

Gwen quickly stepped to the side, loosing an arrow at Illeia as she did so. Missed. C'mon now, use the sling! Paws shaking with nervousness, the mousemaid threw her bow to the ground, grabbing for her sling. She kept one eye on the advancing fox as she fitted a stone to the sling, whirled it and launched it at the fox's head.

Tiny Jackalope

Illeia screamed in pain as the stone crossed her forehead inducing a large gash with blood spilling out of it. She charged at Gwen.
*SMACKFACE*

Jukka the Sling

Suddenly Gwen's nervousness melted away, and in its place was hot anger. The mousemaid fitted another stone to her sling, fiercely launching it at the charging fox with all the force she could muster. Not looking to see the result, she took a step back, readying her sling for another throw.