News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

An Osu Fanfiction Contest of Hareish Proportions :D (Closed!)

Started by Osu, December 15, 2013, 12:59:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gnoflet

Shut him up or shut him down.
Normal is just a setting on your dryer.

Jukka the Sling

It says as one of the rules that stories must have no higher than a PG rating. We're still allowed to have violence, right? :P
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on December 19, 2013, 11:44:11 PM
It says as one of the rules that stories must have no higher than a PG rating. We're still allowed to have violence, right? :P

I think she means to keep it Redwall style.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Osu

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on December 19, 2013, 11:44:11 PM
What Leatho said, pretty much. If BJ wrote it, I'm a-ok with it, that sort of thing. But there's no need to go all out dawn-of-the-dead-observe-how-the-sinews-separate-slowly style and/or describing things that really.... really don't need to be described. XD

Quote from: Brinty on December 18, 2013, 05:36:10 PM
I am thinking about joining, but I'm not sure what character to write on..
Do you have a favorite hare character in particular? Or what about one you really don't like? You could give him/her a background that would explain why they are the way they are, or something like that~
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Gonff the Mousethief

I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Osu

Quote from: Gonff the Mousethief on December 24, 2013, 01:00:23 AM
Kind of mine I did corporal rubbadub
Hey, you, I'm sorry your sketch is taking so much longer than expected! A lot of real life things popped up that effectively took me away from the computer, haha. My goal is to have it ready before Christmas for sure. >.>

Darkenmal

"I closed my eyes, only to open them again. I did not know what to expect, but I was afraid of knowing the truth; the truth which my dreams have revealed..." - Swiftpaw, Lord of Salamandastron and the Defender of the Western Coast.

Osu

Darkenmal

"I closed my eyes, only to open them again. I did not know what to expect, but I was afraid of knowing the truth; the truth which my dreams have revealed..." - Swiftpaw, Lord of Salamandastron and the Defender of the Western Coast.

Osu

Whew, you guys write fast! ;D I'll go read it now~ thanks for entering!

Darkenmal

Quote from: Osu on December 31, 2013, 02:20:44 AM
Whew, you guys write fast! ;D I'll go read it now~ thanks for entering!

Not a problem! I enjoyed writing it. :)

Gonff the Mousethief

The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

Darkenmal

I just wanted to stand out, and stretching that PG limit as far as possible within the word limit seemed like a good idea at the time. Don't know about that now.  :o

Also, would anyone mind writing a short critique or review? The more honest it is the better. Thanks!

Gonff the Mousethief

sure I will.

It was a very, DRAMATIC, story. The ending was, well, gruesome.
While I was reading it (I justed finished The Long Patrol)
it occurred to me all that tammo had gone through. the way he, well, died was o so sad,
I kinda just well, cried. A very good overall story, just sad.
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

Darkenmal

Thanks a lot for the review. I really appreciate it. :D