There's a minor villian called "Stinky"...

Started by General Ironbeak, December 24, 2013, 09:32:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General Ironbeak

Can you imagine being stuck with such an awful name?  :-[

Jukka the Sling

"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

General Ironbeak

I don't know for sure, I don't think I read that one...I think it might have been Triss

Jukka the Sling

I'll go look him up on the Redwall wiki...

EDIT: Yes, he was in Triss. He was a weasel.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Ungatt Trunn

What an unfortunate name to have. He must have had very inconsiderate parents. ;D

Life is too short to rush through it.

Redwaller

Actually, vermin weren't named by their parents. As they joined hordes and bands, the others gave them nicknames.

General Ironbeak

What's funny is the names they used to have were at least real words (Darkclaw, Splintnose) but eventually became just jibberish sounding names by the later books. Goes to show how the series was going downhill :(

WildDoogyPlumm

Quote from: General Ironbeak on December 25, 2013, 11:21:25 PM
What's funny is the names they used to have were at least real words (Darkclaw, Splintnose) but eventually became just jibberish sounding names by the later books. Goes to show how the series was going downhill :(
Same thing with the good guys...it went from "Matthias" and "Martin" to "Uggo".
"Guid warriors cannae rest 'til those dirty slayers are paid out in steel for their crimes, ye ken?" - Doogy

The Shade

Quote from: WildDoogyPlumm on December 26, 2013, 05:54:54 PM
Same thing with the good guys...it went from "Matthias" and "Martin" to "Uggo".
Come on, what's wrong with "Uggo"?  :D
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

Tam and Martin

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Redwaller on December 25, 2013, 10:11:03 PM
Actually, vermin weren't named by their parents. As they joined hordes and bands, the others gave them nicknames.
How do you know that? ::)
Quote from: Tam and Martin on December 26, 2013, 08:07:19 PM
Uggo? Uggo? It sounds- Crazy.
Oh, yes...

Life is too short to rush through it.

Redwaller

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on December 26, 2013, 09:23:30 PM
Quote from: Redwaller on December 25, 2013, 10:11:03 PM
How do you know that? ::)
Quote from: Tam and Martin on December 26, 2013, 08:07:19 PM
Uggo? Uggo? It sounds- Crazy.
Oh, yes...
First, just by how they are, you can assume they got it later. Like "Snaggletooth"

Second, it was mentioned in the books a few times.

Starla1431

I don't really mind the names. Since I haven't read the books in order I don't really get the 'first books are better than the later books' thing.

rachel25

DOWNHILL!!!!!!!
What do you mean "downhill" the books are all brilliant, and I like the way, how some of the names are made up ones. It makes you feel like the Redwall animals don't have to obey some of the rules we do. I like the way it's got some made up names!

MeadowR

~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014