News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Rose's Death - Poll

Started by Cornflower MM, January 05, 2014, 08:03:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rose's Death.....

Made you cry, it was so sad and you liked her.
Why does it matter? She was a sucky character
Nuetral

Cornflower MM

Alright, I myself loved Rose (You know what I mean, not as in I wanna marry you kinda love) And in the topics everyone ends up fighting, to say it simply. So hence this poll. No fighting, and please state your opinion and why.

WildDoogyPlumm

Quite honestly, I've never liked her.  She was too perfect in my opinion.
I know I'm going to get yelled at for saying that, though, because most people love Rose.
"Guid warriors cannae rest 'til those dirty slayers are paid out in steel for their crimes, ye ken?" - Doogy

Gonff the Mousethief

I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

BlueRose

I liked Rose a lot, actually, but I have never cried over a fictional character (in books, at least) and I hope I never will. I was actually more sad when Juniper died, but only because I knew that Rose's death was inevitable.
Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

Bitterly jittery, and not very glittery.

Rusvul

I wasn't a huge fan of rose as a character, but I was sad when she died. Tragedy-y. :(

Cornflower MM

I don't see how people could say that she wasn't a good character. She had her faults, they just weren't apparent. *Sigh*

The Shade

I guess I'm on neutral ground when it comes to this one.
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

Tam and Martin

Quote from: The Shade on January 06, 2014, 10:06:03 PM
I guess I'm on neutral ground when it comes to this one.
Same. I don't think she was terrible or Sue-ish but I am also not too fond of her. I was sad when she died though

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Blaggut

I have p not read the firt ones yet.. But not too fond. Of her in the show. Cornflower on the other hand was amazing! Genius! Only reason rose's death wAs a teensiest bit sad cuz Martin liked her. And that seemed a tad sudden to, going from hidden like to "OMG rose don't leave! Nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!"

I'll either vote neutral or sucky character.
~Just a soft space boi~

Ungatt Trunn

Don't let dan see this topic. ::)

And on topic, Rose's death, I think, was very pourpasly made sad. BJ might just have wanted to do something different with his books.

Life is too short to rush through it.

Osu

Look at you guys, not fighting at all -- I'm so proud of you! *wipes away tear of joy*

I don't recall ever making a real connection with Rose in the book which is why I generally don't comment on her, but I definitely felt Martin's pain, and that was enough to truly sadden me. I didn't find anything wrong with her as a character, she just didn't click with me like Martin did.

I really would have liked to see more of Rose than what was presented through Martin's eyes.
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Cornflower MM

I'm amazed too, Osu! Considering the last few topics on this....*Shudders*

Kitsune

I surprised someone actually chose the second option! :o
I was neutral.

Shadowed One

Quote from: WildDoogyPlumm on January 05, 2014, 09:29:11 PM
Quite honestly, I've never liked her.  She was too perfect in my opinion.
I know I'm going to get yelled at for saying that, though, because most people love Rose.
Actually, I agree with you to a degree. She was a bit too Mary Sueish, but it was rather sad when she died. If you watch the animated series, it's even sadder.
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

"I'm languishing in heroic obscurity!"-Doc

Cornflower MM

Well, Shadowed One, I'm guessing you voted She's a sucky character? How anyone could vote that, I've no idea. And she had her faults - They just weren't AS obvious. She was too headstrong, for one.