News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Fanfiction Requests and Trades

Started by Osu, February 23, 2014, 09:17:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Osu

I'm back to shamelessly stealing ideas from other forum members! This one came from PluggFiretail. ;D

The intent of this thread is twofold: to provide prompts and ideas to fic writers looking for ideas, and to provide an opportunity for members who aren't inclined to write to see their ideas brought to life. Same as making art requests/trades.

Fic requests work like so: if you have an idea you want to see in a fanfiction, post your idea here -- request somebody to write it for you! If you write fanfiction and are interested in an idea posted here, write a fic for it!

For example, let's say I want to read a Redwall fanfiction about Brocktree and Gulo having a staring match involving a piece of cake. I would put that idea up in this thread and wait patiently to see if anybody wants to write it.

Now let's say I'm an author looking to write me some Redwall fic, but I don't have any particular ideas. So I can come over to this thread, look at some ideas, and if any of 'em spark my interest (such as a story involving Brocktree and Gulo having a staring match over a piece of cake) I would then proceed to write that fic. Because I am a sweet, generous author who enjoys spreading the Redwall fanfiction love therefore everybody loves me and I am constantly showered by cookies and merengue pie every second Thursday for life due to my abundance of authorish lovingkindness.

Fic trades are also self-explanatory. It's like a request, only you both get a story out of it!

And quick reminder: if you write a Redwall fanfiction, make sure to post it in its own thread in the main Fanfiction board. You may also share it here provided you do so in one post only.

LET THE REQUESTING AND WRITING BEGIN!
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Captain Tammo

I want to see a story from a moles perspective. There aren't very many of those around on the forum! It could be an adventure, a battle, the viewpoint of a lesser mole character living at redwall during one of the books, maybe a peek inside a mole family's culture, or why deeper n' ever turnip n' tater n' beet root pie is how it is?
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Gonff the Mousethief

well, in my fan fic, Evil, it is from the evil moles perspective of the story. I will also do any fanfics!!
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Osu

I actually really do want to see a random story about Brocktree and Gulo having a fight over the last piece of cake. No lie, I think it sounds fabulous (and potentially hilarious!)
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

The Skarzs

How about a poem? Or a ballad telling the tale? ;D
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Captain Tammo

"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

The Skarzs

Sorry for double post, but the Ballad of the Last Slice is finished and here on the Fan Fiction page! ;D
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Gonff the Mousethief

The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Gonff the Mousethief

I might start a new fanfic soon. I don't know yet :-\
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

willruth

i have been thinking and i have come up with two ideas:

1.how about a story about the first badger lord of salamandastron,called Urthfyre(aso name of the story).it would be when the mountain was still an active volcano!there would be an element that is not seen much in Redwall-three way war (with one side being Salamandastron led by lord Urthfyre, another being a vermin horde led by an evil pine marten,with the last side being a massive horde of reptiles and amphibians led by a massive neutral green lizard called King Anaconigua ;)  )the big battle will have lord Urthfyre calling on the mountain to let forth its final eruption(thus hollowing out the mountain for later generations to live inside the mountain)

2.a quest involving Calla and Urfa,maybe drawn into combat by a deadly vermin band!!!!!  :)

Lady Amber

Quote from: willruth on March 18, 2014, 03:55:04 PM
i have been thinking and i have come up with two ideas:

1.how about a story about the first badger lord of salamandastron,called Urthfyre(aso name of the story).it would be when the mountain was still an active volcano!there would be an element that is not seen much in Redwall-three way war (with one side being Salamandastron led by lord Urthfyre, another being a vermin horde led by an evil pine marten,with the last side being a massive horde of reptiles and amphibians led by a massive neutral green lizard called King Anaconigua ;)  )the big battle will have lord Urthfyre calling on the mountain to let forth its final eruption(thus hollowing out the mountain for later generations to live inside the mountain)

2.a quest involving Calla and Urfa,maybe drawn into combat by a deadly vermin band!!!!!  :)
Sounds interesting! :D

Gonff the Mousethief

I might write about the badger one, but all of the 3 way war would be tuff.
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

willruth

Yep, but I am writing one myself,
  I also think that there are not enough fanfictons that are as long as the original books! ;D ;D ;D