News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Favourite Warcry

Started by SpringWitch, June 21, 2011, 01:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Osu

Psh, logic, who needs it? xD Though killee definitely counts as a warcry, I think! :D

@Lord Brocktree - right, right! I do the same thing, though I reaaally don't enjoy long car trips. Traffic, bleh. But getting to listen to Redwall through all of it is pure awesomesauce. I like how most of the books  use different actors for the voices.... the music... they're the best. :)
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Wot Wot!

It's not necessarily my favorite, but the shrew's call: Logalogalogalog.  I always heard it in my mind as a very low, baritone call, and when I first heard the audiobooks, they did it almost as a yodel and about fell out of my chair laughing...
All you cowards of the land and flotsam of the sea
Who murder, pillage, loot whene'er  you please
There's a Long Patrol a waitin', we'll greet you cheerfully,
You'll hear us cry 'Eulalia' on the breeze.

Lord Brocktree

Quote from: Wot Wot! on June 27, 2011, 11:47:39 PM
It's not necessarily my favorite, but the shrew's call: Logalogalogalog.  I always heard it in my mind as a very low, baritone call, and when I first heard the audiobooks, they did it almost as a yodel and about fell out of my chair laughing...

Tell me about it! Some of the voices and war cries made me laugh because they were so different than how I said them in my head.
"An' if on an empty tummy I'm slain,
Then I'll jolly well never get killed again,
So pass the pudden an' fetch those pies,
An' I'll give the foebeast a rotten surprise!"

Osu

Quote from: Lord Brocktree on June 28, 2011, 12:09:20 AM
Quote from: Wot Wot! on June 27, 2011, 11:47:39 PM

Tell me about it! Some of the voices and war cries made me laugh because they were so different than how I said them in my head.
Quoted because THIS IS TRUE and SO IS THAT. ;D The first time I heard a hare in the audiobooks - it was Ferdy in Rakkety Tam, to be exact - I almost pulled over from laughing so hard. 'Twas a bad idea to hear that in the car. I'd just NEVER mentally heard the hares like that, it was just so out there. I giggle just thinking about it. XD

Lily

Mine is "Haway the braaaaaaw!" I always had a soft spot for Rakkety Tam. Eulalia is a close second.

It sounds like I'm going to have to listen to the audiobooks.

DanielofRedwall

I would love to listen to the audiobooks, but I can't find them in any local libraries or shops or anything. My local library is quite small.
Received mostly negative reviews.

Lord Brocktree

My local library does not have them so I have to drive out to a larger library to get my audio books.
"An' if on an empty tummy I'm slain,
Then I'll jolly well never get killed again,
So pass the pudden an' fetch those pies,
An' I'll give the foebeast a rotten surprise!"

Captain Tammo

EULALIAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 's death on the wind!!!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Osu

Quote from: DanielofRedwall on June 28, 2011, 08:52:31 AM
I would love to listen to the audiobooks, but I can't find them in any local libraries or shops or anything. My local library is quite small.
Oh dear. :( Would they be able to order them from another library? My local library is pretty small, too, but they can always bring in stuff from bigger libraries in the cities and such.

Galedeep

Galedeeeeeep!  My favorite by far!

Tiria Wildlough

I personally like the warcry of the otter clans. Eee aaaye eeee! (you'll understand if you've read High Rhulain.)  :D
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Tiria Wildlough

Quote from: Lily on June 28, 2011, 05:29:39 AM
Mine is "Haway the braaaaaaw!" I always had a soft spot for Rakkety Tam. Eulalia is a close second.

It sounds like I'm going to have to listen to the audiobooks.
Yes,i Love Rakkety Tam. I like his warcry too.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Redwall Musician

Do hedgehogs have a warcry?
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Osu

Quote from: Redwall Musician on June 30, 2011, 03:58:21 PM
Do hedgehogs have a warcry?
I don't reckon they do. At least, not like the hares and badgers do.

Redwall Musician

They need a warcry. Maybe:
Spikes and skittles (I'm thinking about Skittles from Lord Brocktree)
We need something, any ideas?
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."