News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

A Dark Journey

Started by Nightfire, August 13, 2011, 09:51:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Tammo

I like it! Very original and just like Brian would write it but with a fresh twist. How did they hear of Ranguvar Foeseeker though? I thought everyone on her island was killed/enslaved?

Second, the names are very clever, may I ask how you come up with them?
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Tiria Wildlough

That's awesome!! Please write more, or I'll die!!
(OK, maybe I won't die, but please write more. I'm hooked!) ;D
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Coobreedan

I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

The Long Patrol

Nightfire

Wow.  :o You guy are all acting like it's Brian Jacques back from the dead or something.  :o Wow.  :o Anyway, I posted some more.

And my thory is that Ranguvar was once a northern squirrel that went seafaring, and she got stranded on the island somehow. But she was well known as the Foeseeker before that. And to answer an unspoken question that I'm sure Cobreedan has, there are no adders in the story beyond the one Nightfire is wearing.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Tiria Wildlough

I have a question: is Ambriya second in command yet or is she going to get there? ???
I'm not a hipster.

Nightfire

Oh, yeah. I forgot about that. Yeah, she-second in command. I'll edit that. And I wrote a bit more. What do you think?
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Tiria Wildlough

Awesome! ;D And I love the way Nightfire talks!
But, I'm just warning you of something. Don't try and give your Nightfire too much praise. Try and make it that otherbeasts praise her, otherwise it ends up sounding a bit silly. ;)
I'm not a hipster.

Hálig

This is really good, Nightfire! Can't wait to read more. :D
Click here to visit my site!

Proud Doctor Who fan!

Nightfire

Quote from: Captain Tammo on August 21, 2011, 03:14:58 AM
Second, the names are very clever, may I ask how you come up with them?

Jjenth's name I got the idea from Ffring in Mossflower. It's supposed to be pronounced "Jejenth" but without the E. Nightfire's name is just a random, cool sounding name. Stoneoak is a good, solid, badgerlord-ish sounding name. Sometimes I just make a randome noise and convert it to a name. Like this: Zing. Zang. Zana. Zara. And presto! Yoiu have a Highlander squirrel with a lot o' zing and zang in her name! Okay, that sounded stupid. I'll try to get more up soon, and I'll follow your advice, Tiria. I'm embarressed. You guys are making me sound like Brian Jacques revisited.  :-[

Coobreedan

Ding. Dong. Zong. Xong. New alien name!
I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

Nightfire

There are no aliens in my fanfic, Cobreedan.  :D

Coobreedan

Nightfire

I'm working on a Metroid fanfic as well called Metroid Prime 4: Cleansing, so I'm not going to be able to post more as regularly as I have been.

Tiria Wildlough

Nightfire, I have a suggestion to make. There is this test you can take to find out if you need to give your character less praise. It's called The Writer's Mary Sue Test. Here is the link:
http://www.katfeete.net/writing/marysue.html
Just a leetle bit of advice. ;)
I'm not a hipster.