Bucko Bigbones and Tamello "Tammo" de Fformello Tussock may be related

Started by Blaggut, March 26, 2016, 01:05:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blaggut

Grab your copy of Lord Brocktree and The Long Patrol, cuz I have a conspiracy theory. Little bit of background:

Bucko Bigbones was a large hare who, in the days of Lord Brocktree, when Mossflower just a small copse, ruled over a region East and slightly North of the River Moss. He challenged all who passed to contests in Dueling, Bragging, and Scoffing. Dotti defeated him in a sparring match and he agreed to join them in defeating What's-His-Face-The-Wild-Cat. After the battle, Bucko agreed to be General over the Northern Long Patrol forces.

We all know who Tammo is. He comes from a place far Northeast of Mossflower, near the mountains.

Seemingly unrelated tales, especielly being so far apart in time. By the map (which does not appear to show King Bucko's Court, but simply show it as being off the map. This is supported by Redwall Wiki saying it is Northeast of Mossflower. It seems by 'Mossflower' they don't mean specifically the forest - which was so small Bucko's court was a little south of it - but simply the region itself) I think that on the Long Patrol map, it would be near the Forest of The Painted Ones. Tammo and Company passed through here on the way to Redwall, which proves it is a good route, as they had a master scout with them. I think that Bucko might have moved his court to Camp Tussock and thus began the long line of Hare Rulers of the place, eventually leading to Tammo's father. The name changed because of all the marriage ties, eventually causing Bigbones' (though doubtful his real name is that) family to become Tussocks. If I am correct, Camp Tussock is also Long Patrol affiliated, just like Bucko Bigbones' Court.

It's unlikely, but possible, Bucko's court dissapearing off the map and all that. What do you guys think?
~Just a soft space boi~

The Skarzs

I think it's very unlikely. The most they might be related is being in the same area.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Lord Daskar

It's possible that they're related, but I don't think Bucko's court was the Wood of the Painted Ones. I looked at my Lord Brocktree map and it looked like Bucko's Court was just east of the Ford on the South Side of River Moss, The Wood of the Painted Ones is northeast of the ford on the north side of the river.
When work gets overwhelming, remember that you are going to die. -A Coffee Cup

Be silent, or let thy words be more than silence.

Cheerful
Main Entry:   cheer·ful
Function: Adjective.
1 a : full of good spirits <a cheerful outlook> <cheerful obedience>

Ares saves not the brave man but the coward.

Blaggut

~Just a soft space boi~

Stonestripe

I am almost certain (as I am reading the books chronologically right now) that there were other Hares with the name Fformelo but I don't have the books to reference right now. I think Dotti would be closer than Bigbones and there is a hare who has a huge name in one of the books that might provide a link. On a slightly unrelated note the badgers can almost exclusively be traced as family beginning to end.
"Defend the weak, protect both young and old, never desert your friends. Give justice to all, be fearless in battle and always ready to defend the right."

—The law of Badger Lords"

The Skarzs

The Outcast of Redwall is what I believe you mean. And that character was Jodd, the squirrelhare. Though his full name was Wilthurio Longbarrow Sackfirth Toxophola Fedlric Fritillary Wilfrand Hurdleframe Longarrow Leawelt Pugnacio Cinnabar Hillwether.

Hares have the most preposterous names.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

The Grey Coincidence

Profile by the wonderful Vizon.

Also, behold this shiny medal! How I got it is a secret...

Also, also, I am running fanfic conteeeeeests!

Captain Tammo

I'm willing to believe it, if just for fun! Although maybe, if it's not obvious already, I'm a bit biased when it comes to ole Tammo ;D

Although a descendant of bigbones himself? Hmm, hard to say. In my head, I'd like to think that the Bigbones family had its run, but as warrens have a tendency to get crowded, maybe the warren leader changed paws a few times throughout history until we finally arrived at the Tussocks? Each 'ruling' family gave their last name to the camp, so it was always clear who was in charge.
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Sebias of Redwall

"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Jack the Quick

I can't see why not, but I thought Bucko stayed at Salamandastron instead of going off to found a fort.
'I ate the sharpest tool in the shed'

"Inconceivable!" ~Vizzini, The Princess Bride

"Art is never complete, only abandoned," ~Leonardo da Vinci

Long live the RRR!!

Sebias of Redwall

Quote from: Jack the Quick on June 12, 2019, 09:34:31 PM
I can't see why not, but I thought Bucko stayed at Salamandastron instead of going off to found a fort.
Maybe some of his children left?
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!