Clans of Redwall (Competitor's Announcements)

Started by BrookSkimmer, September 20, 2014, 08:35:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrookSkimmer

Here is where all official announcements for Clans of Redwall participants will be housed.

BrookSkimmer

Some important announcements!

Due date for your character sheet is: September 25th (12AM PST)

Official Tournament start date is: September 27th

Official Tournament rules and judging standards will appear over the next few days for your preparations

Please read up on the Tale Weaver's posts. The Tale Weaver's writings will have direct impact on the direction of this tournament so please be versed in what is written. At the moment, the Tale Weaver's writings can be used as you develop the character sheet for your character. More information will appear in the Tale Weaver's thread over the next few days.

For those in the Crew clan:
Please respond to Brookskimmer via PM if you would like your character to have an official duty on the ship. This is for your character development and a character who has a specific job within the clan will be scored no differently than one that does not. As there is normally only one crewbeast in some of these positions I thought I would give out the option.

Positions on board that are options:

First Mate
Second Mate>>> taken
Bosun
Riggings Master
Armaments Master
Lookout
Head Cook
Brig Master
(any other role on a ship that fits with Redwall lore)

BrookSkimmer

List of those I have character sheets turned in for:

Thomas Barkshield
Jasper
HanNorwood
Leatho Shellhound
The Mask
James Gryphon
The Skarz
Jasper
Faiyloe
Danflorreguba
Rainshadow
Jukka the Sling
Cormflower MM
Tam and Martin
Wylder Treejumper

BrookSkimmer

Tournament will go up tomorrow as I am needing time to work out the details today...

BrookSkimmer

Rules list is coming up in a few minutes. You must sign this list prior to posting IC in Clans of Redwall. The signature shows me that you read, understand, and pledge to abide by the rules therein.

BrookSkimmer

You will be seeing information being posted and edited for most of today while I finish setting things up. Please don't post until I reply here saying everything is ready to go!

BrookSkimmer

I need a little more time... didn't get the time I thought I was gonna have today. I should have everything ready to go for tomorrow afternoon... sorry for delays!

BrookSkimmer

Those in the ship clan have their thread up and running! The other two will go up throughout today!

You will be receiving direction from the Tale Weaver once your clan's thread is up. You must comply with the Tale Weaver's wishes during your posts. You can add whatever you want into your posts but you do need to make sure the Tale Weaver's wishes are put into effect at some point during your posts.

You will not receive direction from the Tale Weaver for every post. The Tale Weaver will only direct to make sure certain turns in the plot take place.

As you can now see the plot threads of Clans of Redwall are housed in a separate folder from the OOC threads.

Thanks for being patient with the delayed starting date!

BrookSkimmer

I'm working away at getting all the threads up tonight...

In other news: Do not worry about how many players are in your clan, who your allies and enemies are, or anything like that... I've got it under control and it will be made clear in the next few days.  ;)

BrookSkimmer

Two of the three clans have threads. Troupe, your thread is coming tomorrow. It will not effect judging to have the troupe start tomorrow. As of yet, there is no due date for posts in the first round.

If you have received direction from the Tale Weaver, follow it! How you follow the Tale Weaver's directions does count in judging.

BrookSkimmer

I'm going to set the first round to be over two weeks from today so, the 30th of October :) you will be able to post up until that point.

The Tale Weaver will soon be sending further directions so check that in box.

The judging has nothing to do with the amount of posts made as long as you hit the minimum. Judging will be based off the two posts you have made that you choose to have judged. This is about quality, not quantity!

BrookSkimmer

Sorry for the delay in things guys... stuff came up at work. I'll be back in action soon and we'll get some judging done for round 1!

BrookSkimmer

I hope you have all had a chance to signify which post you want to have closely judged ;) I will be locking the RP threads today so judging can begin!

BrookSkimmer

Ok! The new threads for round 2 are up! Please wait until you hear from the Tale Weaver before responding. I'm not putting a time limit on this yet... it will be open until some time after Christmas.