News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Walks

Started by Coobreedan, August 20, 2011, 07:57:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coobreedan

So Redwallers, what walks have you been on? I went to a wood in the Peak District today that was just like Mossflower!

I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

DanielofRedwall

I often walk my dog around the block. ;) I also enjoy just walking with my headphones in and being lead wherever my feet take me. Normally it's along a river nearby. I like to sit up a tree and just listen to my music/audiobook. I go for one of these walks normally once a day. I really enjoy them.

Well, none really famous, but it's a dream of mine to walk the Kokoda Trail in Papua New Guinea. I've done a few of the mountains in the Stirling Ranges in Western Australia, and they were incredible, tiring and hard, but incredible.
Received mostly negative reviews.

Trigoma

well i have walked the cat walk were i live. its actually called tht xD its only an hour or so from were i live. its pretty nice (Y)
"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting is sure to follow. However, that parting need not last forever... Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short time...that is up to you."
—Happy Mask Salesman

Skalrag of Marshank

We walk our miniature long-haired dachshund a lot. She gets really hyper if we don't...
"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Ah enjoy walkin' in the woodz near where ah live. Wot'z zae ztrange aboat it though iz tha', if ye go deep enough,
There's thiz really ztrange giant rock juzt zittin' there amongzt aw theze treeze an' the lot? Ha' did it get there? Why iz it there? Iz it an alien zpazecraft dizguized az a rock? Doez it have zome zeramonial value fer druids? If ah uttered a zertain zpell, wid zomethin' weird occur?
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Lily

I enjoy walking. When I was in New Zealand I did walks almost everywhere I went. The highlights were definitely the Kepler track and the Tongariro crossing. Has any one else been tramping in New Zealand? It's a beautiful place.

I've also done quite a few hikes here in Japan. I haven't climbed Mt Fuji yet, but I plan to.

Lutra

I tried the Peaks of Otter mountain in Virginia when I was down there...no I didn't make it all the way to the top.  :P  Otherwise, I stick to local parks within the area for walking.  I won't get run off the road by cars and you get some nice shade too from the trees.  :D
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

One thin' ah juzt cannae ztand are walkin' trailz. Wot'z the fun o' goin' where zomeone elze wantz ye tae walk, eh wot? *dartz aff o' the path an' intae the forezt*
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Coobreedan

I've climbed two mountains.
Not well known or anythin' like Lily's Mt Fuji though.
I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

Tiria Wildlough

I once walked the Giant Staircase at the Three Sisters in the Blue Mountains. ;D I didn't get to the bottom though. :( It was tiring. ;)
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Lily

I climbed half way up an active volcano the other day. It was pretty fun. ;D

Tiria, would you believe I've never been to the Blue Mountains? I used to live quite close, but I never made it up there. Shame on me!

Dawnwing

One of my favorites was last year when some unknown people had drawn a huge chalk hopscotch game (must have been at least a couple thousand squares long - they stopped numbering at 800-something and that wasn't very far!) connecting all the major buildngs on campus, complete with comments, random drawings, and famous-people quotes. I walked the length of it. It was very entertaining to read, and took a good 45 minutes to an hour to walk the whole thing; I can't imagine how many people, how much chalk, or how long it must have taken. I mean, the whole thing sprung up overnight, so that was quite a feat.

Nightfire

I like to go hiking for hours at a time in a nearby forest that we have. The cool thing is, one half of the forest looks exactly like Mossflower Wood...but the other half.....looks exactly like the Painted Ones pine forest....
It's quite creepy. I always expect to get drugged with herbs and then captured every time I go through there. There's alos a swamp, so I tend to look for toads, pawing at my dagger suspiciously....
OK, OK...I get a little intense. Comes with being a Redwall freak, I guess.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

DanielofRedwall

Quote from: Lily on September 01, 2011, 01:45:23 PM
I climbed half way up an active volcano the other day. It was pretty fun. ;D

Tiria, would you believe I've never been to the Blue Mountains? I used to live quite close, but I never made it up there. Shame on me!
I used to live right next to the blue mountains, but we moved to WA when I was only 1. :)
Received mostly negative reviews.

Nightfire

I also went up Hawk Mountain once. ;D
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.