What Happened to Blaggut?

Started by Janglur Swifteye, August 21, 2011, 05:00:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janglur Swifteye

I've always wondered what happened to my favourite vermin, Blaggut. I know he went on to be a boatbuilder, but being the kind vermin he was, couldn't he have been attacked by other vermin, or by goodbeasts mistaking him for a bad vermin? In my  mind, I always pictured a samllish cave with a sign crudely painted saying "Blaggut's Best Boats", and whenever there is a redwall quester in need, or anything else, he was the chap to go to.

Tiria Wildlough

I always imagined him living at Redwall and making boats for the Dibbuns. Just thinking of him confessing makes me want to cry.:(
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Galedeep

He is among my favorite characters, I've always imagined him living by the shore building boats for say the Guosim. And sometimes visiting the abbey.

DanielofRedwall

He certainly was a great character. Unfortunatly, Mr Jacques never said what happened to him. I assume he lived a quite life, making boatss and occasionally visiting the Abbey and the dibbuns, but that's just pure speculation. As I said, Mr Jacques never said what happened.
Received mostly negative reviews.

Skalrag of Marshank

Quote from: Tiria Wildlough on August 21, 2011, 05:52:43 AM
I always imagined him living at Redwall and making boats for the Dibbuns. Just thinking of him confessing makes me want to cry.:(

I really loved Blaggut...I felt so sad for Blaggut at the end, because he really thought he was gonna die, and, I'm sorry, I don't cry a lot, but I'm crying on the inside whenever something like that happens...
"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

An' the worzt part o' it iz, if yer cryin' on the inzide a hankerchief cannae dry thoze tearz, zae they fall freely.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Captain Tammo

"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

James Gryphon

The Bellmaker.

It doesn't directly say what happened, but I generally assume, unless there's good reason to believe otherwise, that characters like that live happily ever after.

Sure, that's probably not how it would go in the *real* world, but in a book, I'm willing to use artistic license.
« Subject to editing »

Shellhound

What a coincidence, I just finished the Bellmaker.  I had always hoped we'd hear more about Blaggut.  Definitely one of my favorite characters.  I resent the idea that people (or rats) can't ever change,  and he proved that anyone can go from good to bad (or vice-versa).
Defend the weak, protect both young and old, never desert your friends. Give justice to all, be fearless in battle and always ready to defend the right.
The law of Badger Lords
Lord Brocktree

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Quote from: Shellhound on August 23, 2011, 07:10:06 PM
What a coincidence, I just finished the Bellmaker.  I had always hoped we'd hear more about Blaggut.  Definitely one of my favorite characters.  I resent the idea that people (or rats) can't ever change,  and he proved that anyone can go from good to bad (or vice-versa).

Or tha' ignoranse iz blizz..
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Lily

I also love Blaggut. I'm with James, I always assumed he lived happily ever after in his little cove, building boats and occasionally visiting Redwall. I also imagined the little ones taking summer trips to the sea to visit Uncle Blackguts.

Shinella

Aww! Blaggut!! One of my faves :) I think that if there were more chances for other vermin, they would have ended up like him too ^.^ Anyway... I think he may have ended up building boats for anyone who wanted one, and always stopping by at the abbey to fix up the boats that the dibbuns played with :) and make new ones, of course!
Yesterday is history... Tomorrow is a mystery... Today is a gift... and that's why its called - The Present...

phoenixfoden

mabey someone should make a story about the rest of his life. it sounds interesting.

Skipper

I always imagined him to got traveling.

WildDoogyPlumm

If vermin were to ever try to take over Mossflower, at least Blaggut could stay at the abbey.
During peaceful times, I picture a little house near where the River Moss connects to the ocean, with him building boats outside.  And the Dibbuns come to visit him sometimes.  :)
"Guid warriors cannae rest 'til those dirty slayers are paid out in steel for their crimes, ye ken?" - Doogy