Started by BadgerLordFiredrake, July 10, 2013, 02:39:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Favorite good vermin?

Blaggut
Veil
Romsca
Gingivere Greeneyes

DanielofRedwall

Gingivere was my favourite as a character so I voted for him, because how could you not like him? He seems like the sort of person I'd love to get a hug from. However, I do still love Veil's character arc.
Spoiler
I just love how in his final moments he showed his true colours. It seems like his upbringing really did rub off on him. I love that idea, and I love him not sticking 100% to his designated "evil" species character traits.
[close]
Received mostly negative reviews.

The Grey Coincidence

I too, love Veil. Purely because you can take it apart and see the whole case from different angles. Maybe Veil was mentally ill, maybe the abbeybeasts never gave him a chance, etc etc- there isn't much else in the Redwall series to really dissect if you will, in terms of character motivations.
Profile by the wonderful Vizon.

Also, behold this shiny medal! How I got it is a secret...

Also, also, I am running fanfic conteeeeeests!

Tungro

Quote from: The Grey Coincidence on August 28, 2019, 02:08:57 PM
maybe the abbeybeasts never gave him a chance
If I remember correctly, they gave him plenty of chances and he threw them all out the window

The Grey Coincidence

We're not here to debate Veil...
Profile by the wonderful Vizon.

Also, behold this shiny medal! How I got it is a secret...

Also, also, I am running fanfic conteeeeeests!

The Skarzs

There's some topics for discussing Veil, if you guys are interested! He's an interesting character to look at.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Sebias of Redwall

Quote from: The Skarzs on September 01, 2019, 07:14:01 PM
There's some topics for discussing Veil, if you guys are interested! He's an interesting character to look at.
He is indeed.

I feel like a lot of the normal rank and file soldiers from the main books were rather grey-ish. Definitely not all of them, but I feel like I remember a few. Two of the ones from The Long Patrol come to mind, but they might be a bad example.
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

One-Eye the wildcat

Sneezewort and lousewort, if my memory serves correct.
"What will become of us? Where will we go, we who wander this vast wasteland in search of our better selves?"

"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos. I'm an agent of chaos."
Long live the RRR!!

The Skarzs

Hmm. Well, we can call them gray characters because we didn't necessarily see them have a chance to do evil. The true test is when they are given the choice, and choose bad.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Sebias of Redwall

Quote from: The Skarzs on September 09, 2019, 08:21:47 PM
Hmm. Well, we can call them gray characters because we didn't necessarily see them have a chance to do evil. The true test is when they are given the choice, and choose bad.
In that case, I wonder if Ashleg from Mossflower would count as grey...
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!