News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Marvel (Comics, Movies, TV Shows)

Started by Søren, December 19, 2014, 03:37:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Banya

Age of Ultron is out in the States!  I just got back from the premiere. 
I wouldn't call this my favourite movie of the MCU by any means, but it was definitely good.  Maybe there are some elements to the storyline that were more than a little bit ridiculous, but the action scenes were fantastic.  The humour was a hit or miss, and the depth they gave the main characters made for some of the best parts of the film.  It's exciting to finally have a new movie in the Avengers sequence.

Søren

REMEMBER EVERYONE: I haven't seen it yet, so please, use the spoiler plug in.

I'm retired from the forum

Banya

I tried to present my opinions without giving away details, knowing that Eul wasn't seeing it until today.

BlueRose

Quote from: Banya on May 01, 2015, 07:11:44 AM
I wouldn't call this my favourite movie of the MCU by any means, but it was definitely good.  Maybe there are some elements to the storyline that were more than a little bit ridiculous, but the action scenes were fantastic.  The humour was a hit or miss, and the depth they gave the main characters made for some of the best parts of the film.  It's exciting to finally have a new movie in the Avengers sequence.

Dude, the Marvel Universe has the most ridiculous plot elements ever. Were you expecting any different?

Loved it, however. (Did you see the dog? Oh my gosh the dog!) The interaction between all the characters was really cool, and the music was inspiring, as always. (I drove home with the music in my head, feeling like a superhero, despite the fact that I'd have a similar reaction to the reaction Scarlet Witch had to superheroing.)
Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

Bitterly jittery, and not very glittery.

Eulaliaaa!

I saw Age of Ultron yesterday (that explains the profile picture  :P ), and I actually think I liked it better than the first. It had more humor than the first one, and I just liked it more (not saying I don't like the first Avengers, I like them both.

Quote from: BlueRose on May 02, 2015, 11:58:26 PM

Dude, the Marvel Universe has the most ridiculous plot elements ever. Were you expecting any different?

Loved it, however. (Did you see the dog? Oh my gosh the dog!) The interaction between all the characters was really cool, and the music was inspiring, as always. (I drove home with the music in my head, feeling like a superhero, despite the fact that I'd have a similar reaction to the reaction Scarlet Witch had to superheroing.)

What dog? I don't remember a dog... 
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Søren

GOSH I HAVEN'T SEEN IT YET! I WAS HOPING TO SEE IT THIS WEEK!

Eulaliaaa!

You've got to see it! You won't be disappointed. It was good enough to make me change my profile picture (which I've never done before)  ;D
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Søren

Except for when you changed it from the original pine martin (forget his name) to a golden eagle.

Eulaliaaa!

Oh, right. I forgot about that (it was Emperor Ublaz Mad eyes). Ok then. It was so good it made me change my profile picture (which I haven't done in a very long time)!

Søren

Quote from: Eulaliaaa! on May 03, 2015, 02:00:08 AM
Oh, right. I forgot about that (it was Emperor Ublaz Mad eyes). Ok then. It was so good it made me change my profile picture (which I haven't done in a very long time)!
;D ;D

Wot, wot!

"Get him! Grab that spy! I want his head!"
Basil chuckled. "What's the matter? Isn't your own head good enough? No, I don't suppose it is. Ugly-looking brute, aren't you?" -Basil to Cluny the Scourge (Redwall)

"The second you change "I can't" into "why not", you can do anything in the world."

BlueRose

Quote from: Eulaliaaa! on May 03, 2015, 01:33:25 AM
I saw Age of Ultron yesterday (that explains the profile picture  :P ), and I actually think I liked it better than the first. It had more humor than the first one, and I just liked it more (not saying I don't like the first Avengers, I like them both.

Quote from: BlueRose on May 02, 2015, 11:58:26 PM

What dog? I don't remember a dog... 

The dog during the rescue sequence, right before Quicksilver and Hawkeye and the little boy. It was going onto one of the cute little shuttles.
Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

Eulaliaaa!

Ooooh! I remember now! Yeah, now I want to talk about what happened in the movie, but I don't want to spoil it for anyone...

BlueRose

Eulaliaaa!