The Last Champion, A Riddle and a Promise (Closed)

Started by LT Sandpaw, April 03, 2015, 02:38:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LT Sandpaw

A wild roar ripped from a the creature of nightmare's throat. His wild eyes roved endlessly across the great army of reptiles under his command. Laying scattered about were the twisted shapes of lizard, shrews and vermin. Kneeling before the great King of Darkness knelt a warrior mouse, blood covered his great sword and his eyes show a refusal to surrender that denied his destiny to die at the paw the King Immortal. Vurrsca.

Fear did not show in the mouse's eyes only a great sadness. The bodies of the Guosim and many of his friends lay dead. The mouse himself had a mortal wound that bled freely, he could feel his life ebbing away.

Then with one mighty sweep of his claws Vurrsca ended the warrior mouse. Bending he retrieved the great sword of Martin holding it high above his head Vurrsca roared out his war cry soon joined by the dry hissing of reptiles and the occasional shout from a vermin warrior.

Vurrsca the Immortal never lost.

23 seasons Later

The pitter patter of feet echoed throughout Cavern hole as a small mouse climbed the stairs into the Great hall. He carried a large platter of bread loaves which he held above his head.

Walking down the great hall towards the door Cailoh noticed a friend of his standing in alone near one of the large tables. Glancing around the empty hall Cailoh approached the otter a large grin on his face.

"High ho Liko, lunch is on the lawns by the pond you know not in here." Cailoh said with a slight chuckle not particularly sure why Liko was in the hall.

OOC: Make up a reason to be in the hall please, maybe your cleaning something doesn't matter. ;)

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Hickory

Liko looked up from his work. "Huh? Oh yes, lunch by the pond. Sorry Cai, just checked in with the infirmary keeper for a herb refill. I was checking my bag. Well, better get out there. By the way, have you seen Rowan anywhere?" The otter cleaned up the herbs and slung the bag over his shoulder. His novice habit seemed to glow green in the sunlight streaing in through the windows.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

LT Sandpaw

Enjoying the warmth of Spring Cailoh shrugged. "I dunno, recording something or another, huh better her then me. I thought I got the bad job when they told me I was to be a cook." With another shrug Cailoh led the way towards the door.

"Come on then, lets go deliver these loaves to the pond and find her." He called to Liko.

Hickory

Liko lifted a pan of loaves in his paws. "Phaw, these are heavy. How many batches did the Friar make? I'd rather not carry a score of these outside."

LT Sandpaw

Grinning widely Cailoh opened the door for his otter friend allowing him to take the platter of bread loaves. "Enough to feed a army and then some, you know what he says, leftovers show I make enough." Stepping out onto the Abbey sward they were greeted by a mass of dibbuns all attempting to snatch a loaf.

"Out of the way." Cailoh yelled waving his paws so Liko could walk though uncontested.

Hickory

The otter stepped over the Dibbuns, holding the tray high over hiis head. "Now then, you scruffy bunch, get to the tables and then you can have some.

Eulaliaaa!

Rowan caught sight of Cailoh and Liko, running over to them, "Hey there, I just finished writing a chapter in my book. Don't tell Thimble (the Recorder, I hope it's ok that I made up a name) though, he says that paper shouldn't be used for writing about battles that I've made up in my head, and that paper should be used for real events that actually happened. But I can't help it, I get these words and ideas in my head and I have to write them down or I can't think straight. I hate writing about boring history. Ooh, look there he is!" She exclaimed, ducking behind her two friends and quickly putting a small leather book in her pocket.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Hickory

The otter grinned, watching the Recorder forge his way across the room. "Hmmm, yes, Rowan, indeed. I do hope you learn to do the job well, otherwise I'll be reading a recording that puts a batle between weasels and hares during the Midsummer Feast. Hm, yes. Rightly so. Feasts can get a little dull after a while. Cai, where d'you want these pans exactly?"

Eulaliaaa!

After seeing that the Recorder was gone, Rowan stepped back into view, "Here, let me help you with those, they look heavy." She said.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Hickory

"Nah, I'm fine. Thanks for the offer."

Liko hefted the trays to the main picnic area, setting them down gently. He wiped his brow wearily and turned around, observing the scene in front of him. Creatures were hurrying about, bringing diffferent foodstuffs to different tables. The otter remarked to Cai, "Plenny o' food here, mate. Enough to feed an army."

LT Sandpaw

OOC: So sorry guys I totally abandoned you without warning, but I was thrown a surprise party then I fell out of a tree and was I the hospital but now I'm back and should be active as ever.

BTW Thimble is fine for the recorder.

BIC: Chuckling at Rowan's plight Cailoh nodded too Thimble as he passed. He answered the recorder to put him as far away from himself and his friends as possible.

"Over there by Abbot Leo and Mother Veela." Cailoh said smoothly pointing to the far side of the pond.
Following his friends over to the picnic table Cailoh set his own tray down wiping a bead of sweat from his face and staring up at the sun.

"Its another scorcher, especially for spring." He commented as Liko remarked on the amount of food that had been prepared.

"That's correct Liko, the friar had us in the kitchen for hours today, I just got off." Cailoh complained wiping another bead of sweat away. "You chums want to go for a paddle in the pond? I'm burning up."

Eulaliaaa!

"I'll just watch you guys, not too big on swimming." Rowan said, taking the book out of her pocket, "I might work on another chapter, I was going to start it earlier but Thimble woke up and I had to hide it." She admitted.

OOC: you fell out of a tree? Wow, I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you're getting better, how bad was it? (And quick question, how do I view PM' s that I sent? I can't find them)

LT Sandpaw

Patting Rowan on the shoulder Cailoh tried to peek at her book.

"Yes we know." Cailoh said before turning to Liko. With a quick wink the mouse took off towards the pond yelling to the otter as he went. "Last one in is a fat pigeon."

OOC: Ahem, about that, I might have been showing off like ten feet off the ground when the whole branch broke off and I landed on the ground then the tree landed on me (Lesson learned, don't climb dead tree's) I'm fine, just a couple of big bruises and a sprained ankle.

As for your question you have to save the PM in your Outbox by clicking the little checkbox towards the bottom left, if you haven't you basically can't.

Do you want your character sheet? I still have it.

Eulaliaaa!

Rowan chuckled, running after Cailoh and stopping at the shallows, staring at the pond.

OOC: yes, I would like my character sheet, thank you  :) and sorry about the tree, that's no fun  :-\

Hickory

Liko grinned back at Cai. "You forget. I'm an otter."

Boundin past the mouse Liko dived neatly into the water. After several moments his head broke the surface and he gasped out. "Phaw, this water's a little colder then it looks!"