News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Character Fanfic Contest

Started by Wylder Treejumper, May 20, 2015, 09:21:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wylder Treejumper

Welcome to the great Character Fanfic Contest, sponsored by the Fan Works Revival Comitee! This contest is now open for public submission, and will close once a suitable number of submissions has accrued.

The basis is this: The fanfic will start with each participant submitting an in-depth charcter, complete with vivid personality details and backstory. This character may or may not be a previously used RP or fanfic character (If an RP character, choose to either include the RP in backstory or use as though the RP did not take place). The most story-conducive character will be chosen by the judges.

This character will be released to the participants. The participants will then write a fanfic (minimum characters TBD) which has the released character as the protagonist. This fanfic may or may not be a completion of the provided backstory.

The top 3 fanfics wil then recieve the prizes as follows:
#1: First and second choices
#2: Third choice
#3: Fourth choice

Prizes
Mystery picture- MatthiasMan
Character portrait (and ref sheet) of choice- Edraithel
Free choice drawing- The Skarzs
Poem/One-shot- Gonff the Mousethief

To enter, PM me, Wylder Treejumper, your completed character.
Minimum Character Sheet
Name:
Species:
Appearance:
Personality:
Strengths:
Weaknesses:
Backstory:
Other:
[close]
Advanced (Recommended) Character Sheet
Name: (Their full name)
Name:
Nickname:
Titles:
Species:
Good, Evil or Neutral:
Role: (Are they the abbey warrior, a wandering traveler, or a salamandastron hair of the long patrol.)
Weapon(s):  
Appearance: (An overall summary of what they look like. What is their first impression? How do the walk?)
Fur:
Eyes:
Clothes: (favorite/usual)
Distinguishing marks: (Tattoos, scars, strange fur coloration)
Personality: (How do they act when they are around people or when they are alone)
Extrovert/introvert:
Voice: (How do they talk? Do they have an accent? Are they loud or quiet?)
Strengths:
Weaknesses:
Favorite food:
Season: (The season they were born in)
Origin: (Where they where born)
Where: (Where they live now)
Home: (What their home is like)
Room:
Family:
Friends:
History:
What is something they never go without:
what they keep in their...
Traveling pack:
Chest:
Pockets:
Under Their Bed/Pillow:
Other:
[close]
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

The Skarzs

Questions for clarification: We fill out the sheet first and then write about them? And I feel this needs a bit of expanding upon:
QuoteThe top 3 or 5 story-friendly characters, depending on the amount of submissions, will be chosen and put into a lot. The winning character will then be selected at random.
Let's say that only three people decide to join, where one person spent hours on their character, another might not have taken a while, but they still did a good job on it, and the third person just slapped a bunch of words onto the sheet. They're picked at random? Hardly seems the best of choices if the last person has as much of a chance as the first.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Gonff the Mousethief

I do think we need to change that. People WOULD put more effort into it if they did that. I'll talk to Wylder about it.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Blaggut

I'll probably join if this gains traction
~Just a soft space boi~

Wylder Treejumper

This case would be at the judges discretion. Your judges DO have common sense, you know. No characters will be accepted which are not story ready.

Regardless, the character selection has been changed. The most story-conducive character will be chosen by the judges.

I will submit to this. Judges will not grade their own submissions- that is why we have three. I am going to reuse an old RP character which I rather liked.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Hickory

EDIT: Whoops. Forgot I had to PM, not post.

PM comin' you way, Wylder!
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Wylder Treejumper

Thank you, Sage.

EVERYONE, PLEASE HELP BY SUBMITTING! WE NEED SUBMISSIONS!

So far we only have two entries- and I know it is not because of a lack of great authors. Please dev a character!
-Thomas Paine

-George Washington

Darkenmal

I'll definitely be doing this. Sounds like fun! :)
"I closed my eyes, only to open them again. I did not know what to expect, but I was afraid of knowing the truth; the truth which my dreams have revealed..." - Swiftpaw, Lord of Salamandastron and the Defender of the Western Coast.

Gonff the Mousethief

I'll get to work on one Wylder  ;)
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Captain Tammo

Hm... I think I'm game to give this one a shot!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Søren

If I get my fanfic going faster, I'd submit one.

I'm retired from the forum

Hickory

So.... how many people actuallly sent in character sheets?
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Wylder Treejumper

Right now, only you and me...

Get me PM's, people!
-Thomas Paine

-George Washington

Cornflower MM

I'll try and get one done - No promises, though. We all know how bad I am at procrastinating.

Captain Tammo

Quote from: Wylder Treejumper on June 11, 2015, 05:38:35 PM
Right now, only you and me...

Get me PM's, people!

I'll get it to you this Saturday!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior