News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Hunger Games

Started by Skyblade, May 25, 2015, 11:32:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unimaginative

Kajahffy was chatting amiably with everyone who was sitting by him as he scarfed his food. The large hedgehog was no rookie when he came to eating, and though he would never out do a hare, he could certainly shovel down food.

"Delicious, isn't it? Ooh, I haven't had a puddin' this good for at least a season!" He said, helping himself to said pudding. Kajahffy seemed completely oblivious to the fact that he would soon be fighting these creatures as he downed every dish that came near him.
"Once built a steamboat in a meadow
Cos I'd forgotten how to sail" - The Gardener , The Tallest Man on Earth

Jasper

Holokai has requested a strict meal of coconuts, which he calmly chewed. He wasn't eating much, not because of nervousness, but because he felt oblivious to the dish, and all those around him. He had never felt so empty inside, he felt nothing but a spidery pulse jumping around in his stomach. He blinked his left eye and forced himself back into the meal before him.

As his fellow competitors exchanged small talk, he focused on the fox who called himself Marshall. He was trying to lean back and away from the table, but Holokai wasn't about to allow that to happen. He waved a finger at the fox to attract his attention.
"A coconut, straight from my native land, friend. It will compliment that soup of yours."
He silently passed the fox a coconut, leaning closer as he did. When the fox was close enough that Holokai judged no one else would hear, Holokai whispered in his ear:
"When this begins, I will find you, and I will finish you. Know that your time in this game is limited. Holokai will make sure of it, fox."
With wide eyes focused unceasingly on the fox, and an expressionless face, Holokai leaned back into his own chair and winked at the fox before continuing to chew on the skin of his own coconut.

Gonff the Mousethief

Marshall gave an odd glance at the coconut. Why would he give it to him? When he leaned over, he thought he may be telling him something about himself. However, his eyes grew wide, and he glared back at him. Why would he want to kill him? The fox  pushed away a little further. He took gulped, then set the odd choice of a meal on the floor next to his pack. Well, he knew now that this was going to be far from easy.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

rrrrr

OOC: Ooh... targeting and maliciousness...
rrrrr.....

Ho arr, mateys, swimming is fun!

I had shrimp 'n' hotroot soup today.

Skyblade

Hallie continued eating silently at her end of the table. Though her ears were still, she was listening to whatever came out of her contenders' mouths.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Hickory

Asher glanced at Holokai. Under the pretense of heading over to the drinks table, very near to the seat where Holokai sat, Asher muttered, "Not before my arrows find you."

He choose a new seat right next to Marshall. Checking that Hookai was listening and looking a different directions, he whispered to Marshall. "If he is going after you, you'll need some keen eyes to spot you."
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

The Mask

Yexter was slightly disappointed with all the grumpy responses. It was of course, to be expected but it still threw him. No matter, he should still be able to make some 'friends.' That Hallie character seemed like a safe bet. So he left his chair and toddled over to her side of the table. "Hiyo! My name's Yexter, what's yours? I'm sorry about my silly que...question before, i got a bit exit-excited. Do you wanna be friends?"
I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

" I will burn the heart out of you." Moriarty, Sherlock

Gonff the Mousethief

Marshall turned his head and looked at Asher. He nodded his head and replied, "Aye, I'm not liking the look of that un'."
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

Delthion

Sean had been watching the various conversations intently, trying to absorb everything. But eventually he gave up. He continued eating while studying every other participants of these games. He didn't even know where many had come from. He went back to eating and listening quietly.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Unimaginative

Kajahffy stood up, irritated by the fact that some of his fellow feasters already seemed to have it out for each other. The Fox and Squirrel, Marshall and Asher he believed they were called, had clear disdain for Holokai.

"Now, the game 'asn't started yet, so let's all just sit down and enjoy this luverly feast we've had made for us." The large hedgehog smiled reassuringly at Holokai, incorrectly assuming that the foreign mouse had been the victim.
"If'n yer still offerin' up one o' those coconuts o' yers, I'd like to try one. I've never 'ad one o' them before."
"Once built a steamboat in a meadow
Cos I'd forgotten how to sail" - The Gardener , The Tallest Man on Earth

Hickory

Asher hid the scornful look he cast at Hajahffy. He muttered to himself, "That fool better know what he's in for."
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Skyblade

Quote from: The Mask on May 30, 2015, 12:06:49 AM
Yexter was slightly disappointed with all the grumpy responses. It was of course, to be expected but it still threw him. No matter, he should still be able to make some 'friends.' That Hallie character seemed like a safe bet. So he left his chair and toddled over to her side of the table. "Hiyo! My name's Yexter, what's yours? I'm sorry about my silly que...question before, i got a bit exit-excited. Do you wanna be friends?"

Not used to this kindness, Hallie was surprised that someone was actually voluntarily talking to her. "Hello, Yexter," she said, giving a small smile. "I'm Hallie, and I may be a fox but I'm not evil. This I assure you." She offered her paw to shake. "Don't worry about what happened earlier. Sure, we can be friends. Do you want to form an alliance; is that what you want?"

Jasper

Holokai smiled disarmingly, and grabbed his last coconut, extending it to Kajahffy.
"It comes from a land far far away, an equal you will not find elsewhere. Enjoy, and the best luck."

He then turned to the rascally pair, with a hurt look on his face.
"I regret that you wish for arrows to find me, but the game is bound to unwind one way or another. I do not fear your puny wooden arrows in any case. Marshall, I am surprised at you, I offer you a rare coconut, of great value to me, and you no like the look of me? As for that 'fool', as you so kindly refer to my friend as, he is a great kindly creature, as I already can tell. You could learn much in manners from him."

Gonff the Mousethief

A solemn face grew on the fox. His eyes narrowed while he rose.
"Why yes. I am not fond of mice, and no one has ever given a care of "the look of me", so not only do I not feel appealed to give the glance of you or care for your intentions, but to be a target when all I want is a family back, not to add that I can see why you would have little care for others, just hinting on you that you are only about self gain and what would fare for you!"
The blue fox picked up his pack and went from the table, not wanting to return or even enter the competition at this point.
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

Skyblade

Hallie gazed at the blue fox sympathetically, but quickly looked away. Not all beasts appreciated kindness, a fact that infuriated her. She vacillated for a few moments, wondering what to do. Finally, she told Yexter, "Sorry, excuse me. Just a moment" before cautiously approaching Marshall.

"Hi."