News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Martin the warrior vs Ungatt Trunn

Started by Dante8002, January 10, 2020, 11:30:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dante8002

Martin the warrior is an expert swordsman & a clever fighter, while Ungatt Trunn is big & quite skilled with his weapons.
The cats size gives him an advantage with claws as well, but Martin's sword skills are amazing & a quick flick in the heart with his sword would kill the giant cat. But Ungatt Trunn's force & strength with his weapon would send Martin flying. Personally, I think it would be a draw, but Ungatt Trunn is closer to winning. What do you think?
Yalahoo!

Kade Rivok

Mmm, I'd think Ungatt Trunn and Tsarmina are likely around the same level, Ungatt probably having an advantage.  When Martin fought Tsarmina, he was already pretty heavily injured and couldn't move well, and he still won in the end.  I think he'd be able to come out on top against Ungatt Trunn, personally.  Plus, he's Martin  ;D
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

Verdauga

Quote from: Kade Rivok on January 10, 2020, 04:20:06 PM
Plus, he's Martin  ;D
All realism aside, Martin would have to win. He's Martin. But, it would be really-- really-- close.
Killing the mood since 2019

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

Jetthebinturong

Tsarmina was half-crazed with fear about the water. Ungatt wouldn't be. Plus there's the fact that Ungatt is male. While I don't know anything about gender dimorphism in European wildcats, I would imagine males would be larger have more muscle mass. I think Ungatt would beat Martin, personally.

Looked it up and males have an average weight of 5kg, while females have an average weight of 3.5kg.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Steelinghades

Quote from: Kade Rivok on January 10, 2020, 04:20:06 PM
Mmm, I'd think Ungatt Trunn and Tsarmina are likely around the same level, Ungatt probably having an advantage.  When Martin fought Tsarmina, he was already pretty heavily injured and couldn't move well, and he still won in the end.  I think he'd be able to come out on top against Ungatt Trunn, personally.  Plus, he's Martin  ;D

There are some important differences though: Tsarmina was half-crazed from the water, unarmed--I'm fairly sure--and smaller then Trun would be and she still very nearly killed Martin. Trun would not be crazed, be larger then his female counter-part, be armed and be armoured--If I recall correctly. That all together doesn't look good for Martin.

shisteer of nothing much

I think, in an organised combat situation, Ungatt Trunn would be at a disadvantage. He appears to have all the advantages; size, strength, support. Consequently, he'd underestimate Martin, at least a little bit, which could be fatal. Martin was taught by Boar the Fighter and knows how to use his opponent's strength to his advantage. In an open battle situation, Martin would go down, but probably deal Trunn with several fatal injuries first.
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

Sebias of Redwall

Honestly I'm pretty sure that Plot ARmor would help Martin win the day.  :P However, if that privilege was stripped away... Hmm.

I'd say that both stand an equal chance at winning. With pure muscle and strength, Trunn would win. But I doubt that Martin would go into a duel with a wildcat like Trunn without a plan of some sort. And Martin's a pretty tough little dude to kill...
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!