Escape from the Saltsprayer

Started by Thomas Barkshield, May 26, 2016, 04:48:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Groddil

The weasel, quite annoyed that Thom had rescued Darius and Braski from their whipping, resolved to punish them later. Let the party go on, he could do with a stiff drink lately. Ignoring the thought for the time being, he passed Braski, who had tripped over yet again.
"What's th'matter? 'Aven't got yer sea legs yet, matey? Well, I suggestes ya finds 'em soon. Next time I sees ya fall over, ya get a lash. Errey time ya trips, more lashes. Once th'first time, twice the second time...wot comes after two? Ah, ya get th'picture. I doesn't 'ave time fer crew that can't take three steps without screwin' somethin' up!"

Izza

At the mentions of possible lashings and without Darius around, Braski finally found his footing.

"Er, aye! I'll be outta your way right this second cap'n, your lordship, king, general sir!"

Seeking to get out of the grouchy weasel's sight, Braski ducked into the nearest doorway. He found himself in the crew's quarters. As his task was to distract them anyway, this actually played into Braski's hands. Making a conscious effort not to tremble with fear, he called them around a table and produced an old grubby deck of playing cards.

"Ahoy there mateys, gather round, now I'll wager none of ya can beat me in a game of crazy eights!"

Braski was cheating, of course, but the exciting game and the competitive nature of the pirates kept almost the entire crew huddled around the little table.

Unimaginative

Darius walked back to Tom, holding a large keg of beer, being exceptionally careful not to accidentally spill any. As an after though, the hedgehog had grabbed some tankards and had them on top of the keg. Just in case.

"I've got the keg," he grunted, setting it down. "What do we need it fer?"
"Once built a steamboat in a meadow
Cos I'd forgotten how to sail" - The Gardener , The Tallest Man on Earth

W0NWILL

"A'ight," Tenny waved goodbye to Rossda half-heartedly at the otter left, and stood still for a moment, unsure of what to do. Looking around, Braski was keeping the crew occupied; she'd seen him go into the crew quarters, and shouts fit to curl her ears were coming from the room. Rossda, of course, had gone into the kitchen. And Darius was heading back towards Tom with a keg of drink and tankards. There didn't seem to be much left for her to do. Except getting the chairs, and she'd seen them. They were awful big.

But she wanted to be free as well, so she hopped over to the kitchen, where the chairs were stored, and after a quick hi to Rossda, began dragging on back out to Tom. It scraped on the wooden floor loudly, but she made it back to Tom, as well as Darius, who'd reached him by now. She paused then, keeping quiet to listen to what Tom would say.

Thomas Barkshield

OOC: I tried to send a pm but it didn't Work so I'll just use a spoiler.

BIC:
Spoiler
alright, here's the plan, we get the pirates drunk then steal.some supplies. Knives, boots and suchlike. Make sure not to steal too much, cause that would get suspicious."
[close]

W0NWILL

Tenny flopped over the chair she'd dragged over, "I know 'ow t' box." She offered. She wasn't the biggest or strongest creature, but she was fast, and could bob and weave like anyone's business. Her da had been one of those boxing hares, and he'd taught her once she was old enough. "An' we can tear up stuff t' make slings. An', um..." She thought, "I dunno wot else."

Izza

Braski, who was now sporting a purplish looking black eye, poked his head into the room -

"Whellll, this'll be too easy mates. The fellows in there only just mentioned how's there wasn't anything to drink around our little card came. So I told 'em we'd play some old fashioned Circle Of Death. They has to drink every time an ace is drawn, and I'll be making sure the aces come up at the right time, if you catch my meaning. Leave it all to me chaps! And, er, Darius mind bringin that barrel over to the quarters for me? It looks right heavy."

Unimaginative

Darius grunted as he lifted the barrel, before struggling over to where Braski had directed.
"Once built a steamboat in a meadow
Cos I'd forgotten how to sail" - The Gardener , The Tallest Man on Earth