News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Overlord's Orders II

Started by James Gryphon, October 01, 2011, 11:29:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Gryphon

This is the second round of Taggerung's "Overlord's Orders" game. He has agreed to let me moderate this round, and hopefully I can help make things interesting for y'all.

The rules are the same as last time, so click the link above if you're not acquainted with them, and read up on what we're going to be doing.

I intend to do something a bit different with the ending, so stay focused and don't let any part of the prose slip by you.

If you want in on this round, just copy the list below and add your name to it, and I'll update it when possible.

Players:
1. DanielofRedwall
2. Redwall Musician
3. Taggerung of Redwall
4. Muse
5. Captain Tammo
6. HeadInAnotherGalaxy
7. Matthias720

The game will begin at around October the 3rd, or when we have eight players, whichever comes first.

That is all.
« Subject to editing »

DanielofRedwall

Received mostly negative reviews.

James Gryphon

Of course; there's no restrictions on joining.

Unless of course I don't like you. ;)
« Subject to editing »

DanielofRedwall

Quote from: James Gryphon on October 01, 2011, 03:02:38 PM
Of course; there's no restrictions on joining.

Unless of course I don't like you. ;)
Referring to anybody in particular there, James?  ;)
Received mostly negative reviews.

Redwall Musician

He referring to me.  :P  :D  ;) LOL

I'll join:

2. Redwall Musician
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Taggerung_of_Redwall

1. DanielofRedwall
2. Redwall Musician
7. Taggerung of Redwall
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Muse

1. DanielofRedwall
2. Redwall Musician
3.Muse
8. Taggerung of Redwall
Do not fear the unknown. It cannot hurt you.
What is truly worth fearing is the known.
By Muse

Captain Tammo

1. DanielofRedwall
2. Redwall Musician
3.Muse
4.Captain Tammo
8. Taggerung of Redwall

Will we (the servants) view ToR as our old warlord or just another servant?
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Taggerung_of_Redwall

I don't think we're continuing any storyline here- just another seperately made game.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Ah'll join.

1. DanielofRedwall
2. Redwall Musician
3.Muse
4.Captain Tammo
5. HeadInAnotherGalaxy
8. Taggerung of Redwall
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Correction:

1. DanielofRedwall
2. Redwall Musician
3.Muse
4.Captain Tammo
5. HeadInAnotherGalaxy
7. Taggerung of Redwall

Matthias720

1. DanielofRedwall
2. Redwall Musician
3.Muse
4.Captain Tammo
5. HeadInAnotherGalaxy
6.Matthias720
7. Taggerung of Redwall

I'll play again. :)

James Gryphon

I'm going to wait until this evening to start, to see if we get an eighth player. Hopefully I'll also devise some of the plot as well, so I won't have to come up with all these things to confound you on the fly.
« Subject to editing »

James Gryphon

All right. The evening has come and I don't think we're going to get any more players, so let's get on with this.

Players:
1. DanielofRedwall
2. Redwall Musician
3. Taggerung of Redwall
4. Muse
5. Captain Tammo
6. HeadInAnotherGalaxy
7. Matthias720

---

Hidden deep under the surface of the Pacific Ocean, beyond any prying eyes, there lay an underwater structure. One large central dome connected to eight smaller, identical docking modules. Seven of them were occupied by small submarines.

Inside the dome, all was completely dark, save for the viewing portal in the top of the dome.

All this had been built by an Overlord, a man of unknown means and inscrutable motives. Although nobody knew where he chose to reside, this was his preferred place to contact his most trusted underlings.

The plexiglass containers slid into place as the servants entered the room. Each container covered them completely, preventing them from escaping or doing anything outside of their master's intent. They heard a voice from the darkness.

"I have brought you here because your recent performance has been absolutely unacceptable. When I commanded you to retrieve for me the unique book The Complete Guide to Galactic Conquest, I intended that it would come intact, and in good condition. This, you did not do. The text is smeared, the bindings are coming off, and half of the pages are missing. It is of no use to me.

Also, I have always commanded that these missions be carried out in absolute secrecy, yet the only video footage I could find on the world news today starred you lot attempting to break into the book's storage facility.

You, Taggerung -- my erstwhile body double -- would you care to explain how all of this happened? There had better be a good reason for this failure."
« Subject to editing »

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Taggerung spoke swiftly. "We set out, led by the fearless Matthias, to the museum. We arrived at night, and all was going well. That is when Muse tripped the security cameras and defenses. We got past those alive, and found ourselves starring into the glass of the storage facility. I used a series of creative tools to break the book out. I was knocked out clumsily when Muse rushed in and shoved me to the floor, and I was out cold. Ask Muse what he was thinking and what happened due to his rash actions."