News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Tagg and Veil: Nature v. Nurture in the Redwall Series

Started by Wylder Treejumper, August 19, 2016, 12:33:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grond

Quote from: Sebias of Redwall on May 28, 2020, 09:05:37 PM
I think that there are quite a few vermin who strike me as more dumb than evil. Or perhaps dumb isn't the right word. I think someone mentioned harmless? That would describe it pretty well, I think.

I loved Blaggut!
Yeah... Hmm... I guess they were kinda grey, but I'd say mostly bad. It wasn't like they had deserted because of any moral reason, I don't think.
I don't remember the other two very well.

How so ? They where all clearly products of their environment. Some deserted like Thura, Dingeye and Crumdun. The first 2 joined the Corpsemakers out of desperation and that is also why they left. They accidently killed a brother of Redwall while playing with a bow but there is no indication they had any intention of being malicious to the Redwallers. Crumdun left because his best friend the ferret Braggio was killed by Razzid. It is also interesting to note when Razzid used Virgo as pike bait all the other crew members refused to eat the pike because of this and that led to most of the high ranking vermin in his crew planning a mutiny. Crumdun even got along fairly well with the Long Patrol hares who captured him.

Grubbage though was taken as a prisoner after the battle at Brockhall and described as likable by the Redwallers.