News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Overlord's Orders III

Started by DanielofRedwall, October 20, 2011, 09:07:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plugg Firetail

Sir, I would first try to stop the beavers from harassing my minions ever again. They have attacked all of our missions in the past. However, I would reward the minions who succeed in their objective and punish those who don't. I would put up reasonable missions for my servants to handle. The corruption of power is inevitable. It always happens after a while. Even if it happens, I will try to delay for as long as possible. Some day maybe the servant who performs above everyone else will get the job, as we have. That is all I have to say my lord."

Plugg tries to stand respectfully inside his chamber, but hit his head at the top.

Ooc:Glad its finally over. Congrats to whoever is the new Overlord! So one of us is getting kicked out?

DanielofRedwall

The Overlord considered both of the servant's promises, and then said, "I knew I could always rely on you two. I would have no regrets leaving my wealth and kingdom in either of your hands. But, there can only be one Overlord, and that shall be-"
He was interrupted by a loud banging noise outside. From the shadows of the entrance, a figure was getting closer and closer. The darkness hid its true identity. The Overlord was getting anxious, who was this mysterious figure? How did they know of this place? And then, out of the shadows stepped- Redwall Musician.
The servants gasped. Wasn't she hypnotised? She wasn't supposed to remember this place! She addressed the Overlord directly. "So, it was you all along, DanielofRedwall. I should have known. Well, in fact, I did. I was standing at the doorway when the previous Overlord gave you his position. I heard every word that passed between you. I was jealous. I wanted power, but you snatched the opportunity from me. So, guess who I turned to? The CIA, of course. That's right- I've been a spy all this time. This wasn't the first of my missions- I had to do some simple ones first to prove my worth. I excelled. I'm now one of the head spies, and you were my hardest assignment. But, now I've got you. It may seem strange for me being here, after all, you thought I was hypnotised to not remember a thing. Well, Let's just say, I wasn't alone.
Now, we've got this building surrounded. There is no escape. So, I'll give you two options- try to escape and meet your death, or obey us and spare life, for what it’s worth.”
The Overlord answered, “I must say, I'm not surprised, but still a bit disappointed. You caught me at a bit of an awkward moment, so if you don't mind, let me finish what I was saying.”
Redwall Musician nodded in agreement, and answered, “Fine, but be quick, and only if you behave afterwards.”
The Overlord accepted, and addressed the servants. “Now, the lucky servant whom I have chosen is- Matthias720. Take care of this place, and please follow through with your promise. Now, I must be going. I always thought this would happen.”
He turned and walked towards Redwall Musician. But, just as he was about to let her handcuff him, he kicked out. His blow caught her right in the stomach, and she doubled back. In this moment, the Overlord fled through the secret entrance. Gun fire started. CIA spies (some the servants recognised, such as the Ski Jacket Guy, Dr. Alan Grant and the man who had led Musician to be hypnotised) raced after him, bullets erupting from their guns. The next thing the servants heard was the sound of a helicopter starting. The Overlord was fleeing. They could hear it as it gradually got quieter and rose higher. The servants ran through the entrance to see what was happening. Then, another bang.
Something had gone horribly wrong. The helicopter rose a few feet, flew a little way towards the base, and then came crashing down. It landed heavily, catching fire and causing the base to crash down. There was no chance the Overlord could have survived. The servants watched shocked as the CIA agents rushed to the crash. One of them yelled back, “It had worked!”
The servants looked puzzled at Musician, who had come outside some time before. “We had a feeling he would do that,” she explained, “so we hid a small but deadly bomb inside the helicopter. One simple press of a button and that-“  she nodded towards the helicopter crash, "-would happen. We have done our job, so now we must be gone. Pleasure meeting you.” She spoke this in a tone that didn't suggest wether she was lying or not.
In a few moments, the CIA had disappeared, leaving the two remaining servants (and a very confused Silvester) standing, examining the crash.

______
Well, that wraps it up! Congratulations, everyone, on a great round. Matthias, well done on being selected as the new Overlord!

Note, I got permission from Redwall Musician to use her in my ending, so many thanks to her.

I'll post up some of my favourite quotes from this round soon, but now I have to go do some other stuff.

So, what did you guys think?

Received mostly negative reviews.

Matthias720

Worked out well, I think (for me anyway :D). Good job, Daniel.

And a quick FYI for everyone, I'll start the sign-up for the next round either later today or tomorrow; keep you eyes open for that.

DanielofRedwall

By the way, I left it up to you if you wanted to have Silvester, I'm guessing not. Silvester's name was a reference to the Looney Tunes character. I'm not a big fan of the show, but I thought it would be a bit of fun callin him that, you know, an evil cat, Silvester the cat on Loondy Tunes is kinda evil...

Redwall Musician

Interesting.
Congratulations Matthias!
And Daniel that was a good ending, well, for my revenge. Good twist.  :D
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Plugg Firetail

Hey Daniel, can I still be one of Matthias's minions?

Also, what a great ending!

DanielofRedwall

Of course, everyone can join again if they want to. Just pretend you're a new servant.