8 (13.8%)
No
31 (53.4%)
Sort of
19 (32.8%)

Total Members Voted: 56

MatthiasMan

WildDoogyPlumm

I honestly think she was a Mary-Sue.  I mean, she has one or two little flaws, but she seems(at least to me) to have been designed as Martin's perfect love interest, and that almost instantly creates a Sue.
"Guid warriors cannae rest 'til those dirty slayers are paid out in steel for their crimes, ye ken?" - Doogy

MatthiasMan

KaiTheDog

Quote from: WildDoogyPlumm on April 06, 2012, 11:39:56 AM
I honestly think she was a Mary-Sue.  I mean, she has one or two little flaws, but she seems(at least to me) to have been designed as Martin's perfect love interest, and that almost instantly creates a Sue.

I once wondered what it would be like if MTW was a fanfiction instead of being canon. Needless to say, if this WAS the case, then Rose would have certainly been a Sue.

WildDoogyPlumm

Quote from: KaiTheDog on April 13, 2012, 02:45:33 AM

I once wondered what it would be like if MTW was a fanfiction instead of being canon. Needless to say, if this WAS the case, then Rose would have certainly been a Sue.
Mary-Sues can be in books too, so it wouldn't even necessarily need to be a fan fiction.
"Guid warriors cannae rest 'til those dirty slayers are paid out in steel for their crimes, ye ken?" - Doogy

Redwallfan7

Rose and Martin are also some of my favorite characters
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

KaiTheDog

Quote from: WildDoogyPlumm on April 22, 2012, 02:57:11 PM

Mary-Sues can be in books too, so it wouldn't even necessarily need to be a fan fiction.

That's not what I was implying. Rose had sue-like qualities that, had MTW been a fanfiction, would have been pointed out and bashed more by the readers than having a good part of the fandom adore her. Don't get me wrong when I say that, as I've continuously rolled my eyes at pretty much everything to do with Rose's vocal talents. Screeching like an eagle and not having a sore, rough voice afterwards doesn't make much sense to me. And don't get me started about the bee incident. I'm also quite sure some people have done the same thing, if not for her voice but for other things, such as her looks.

WildDoogyPlumm

Quote from: KaiTheDog on April 22, 2012, 09:21:29 PM
Quote from: WildDoogyPlumm on April 22, 2012, 02:57:11 PM

That's not what I was implying. Rose had sue-like qualities that, had MTW been a fanfiction, would have been pointed out and bashed more by the readers than having a good part of the fandom adore her. Don't get me wrong when I say that, as I've continuously rolled my eyes at pretty much everything to do with Rose's vocal talents. Screeching like an eagle and not having a sore, rough voice afterwards doesn't make much sense to me. And don't get me started about the bee incident. I'm also quite sure some people have done the same thing, if not for her voice but for other things, such as her looks.
Yeah, I understand what you're saying.  Rose really annoyed me, and with the bee incident I was like, "Wait, WHAT? Did that really just work?!"  ???

Dannflower Reguba

Okay, yeah that part WAS pretty stupid... But still, why does everyone hate Rose!
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Redwallfan7

"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Ungatt Trunn

What exactly dos "sue" mean? I've never heard that word before (Except in abbreviation's of certain names).

Life is too short to rush through it.

Bragoon

When used in this context, it's a slang term for someone (usually a woman, of course) who seems perfect, someone who can do no wrong. 
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

Ungatt Trunn

Having matured and studied the subject since I last posted here, this is what I have to say...NO!!!! ROSE WAS NOT A MARY SUE!!!! NOT IN THE LEAST!!!!! AHHH, WHY DOES EVERYBODY THINK SHE'S A SUE!!!!! AHHHGGG!!!! *Awkard cough* Eh, sorry about that, I just had to let it all out. I don't think that Rose was a sue at all.

Tam and Martin

I don't think she was but I think she was at the same time. It's kind of hard to ay.

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Tam and Martin on November 08, 2013, 02:36:11 PM
I don't think she was but I think she was at the same time. It's kind of hard to ay.
Well, she wasn't like perfect at everything...