News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Redwall for school???

Started by Firehawke, June 14, 2011, 06:55:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WildDoogyPlumm

I used The Long Patrol for a project in 5th grade!
"Guid warriors cannae rest 'til those dirty slayers are paid out in steel for their crimes, ye ken?" - Doogy

White One6193

Quote from: Firehawke on July 12, 2011, 06:50:51 PM
Quote from: Gerbilkit on July 11, 2011, 10:01:36 PM
I wrote about Martin the Warrior for my AP Lit & Comp test my senior year in high school. I'm pretty confident my choice of literature was the reason I got a 3 instead of a 4 on that test...

That's killer!

Quote from: sabretache5611 on July 12, 2011, 07:28:54 AM
i honestly can't remember if i did a book report on a redwall book.

Oh and i have a question

In the near future does anyone think redwall books will be used by school systems around the world??

personally i think that it would be great!

I think it would be great if schools used it.  If for nothing else, it would be a great example to use in creative writing classes to show how to write with different accents, how to work riddles into the text, etc

That would be wonderful! FAR better exposure for younger psyches than "Lord of the Flies" or "Black Boy". Jeez...
"Ride for wrath, ride to ruin, and the world's ending!"- King Theoden

RIP Brian Jacques... ET NOMINE PATRI, ET FILLI, ET SPIRITUS SANCTI, AMEN!

Mit Gott, Fur Koenig, und Die Vadeirlandt!

White One6193

Quote from: Log-a-Log on September 08, 2011, 01:37:26 AM
I've heard Watership Down is similar to Redwall. I've never read it, so do you guys think it is similar? 

Yes. It is much more politically charged, however. The author was a rather strident conservative, and used cute little bunnies giving each other the beat-down as a metaphor for both fascism and communism. One rabbit, called the Colonel, is practically Josef Stalin with whiskers.
"Ride for wrath, ride to ruin, and the world's ending!"- King Theoden

RIP Brian Jacques... ET NOMINE PATRI, ET FILLI, ET SPIRITUS SANCTI, AMEN!

Mit Gott, Fur Koenig, und Die Vadeirlandt!