News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

School Returneth!

Started by Matthias720, August 25, 2011, 02:17:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Osu

As a student I'm finishing up my associates at a community college and gearing up for the big leagues after - getting financial aid, letters of recommendation, stuff like that. As a teacher, the Sunday school semester is starting up at my church and I hear I'm getting more students, which is always nice. Last year I only had two. XD
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

DanielofRedwall

Quote from: Lutra on August 25, 2011, 05:59:03 PM
^ That's nuts you guys start algebra so early.  Sign of the global times I guess...I didn't remember seeing algebra until I got to high school.  One of my cousins is going into 8th grade and needed help.  I even had a bit of trouble with some of the questions!  :-X  What do you take by high school then...advanced calculus or are you done?
I'm in year seven, where doing Pytagorith's Theorim, or however you spell it. That's complex!
Received mostly negative reviews.

Lily

Like Lutra, I'm the teacher not the student. I'm looking forward to playing more English games with my little kids and hopefully having more conversations with the high schoolers. Most of my interactions with my older kids go something like this:
Me: Good morning!
Student: *Giggles, says good morning in Japanese and runs away*
Me: :'(

I'd like to change that!

White One6193

ZNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
"Ride for wrath, ride to ruin, and the world's ending!"- King Theoden

RIP Brian Jacques... ET NOMINE PATRI, ET FILLI, ET SPIRITUS SANCTI, AMEN!

Mit Gott, Fur Koenig, und Die Vadeirlandt!

yeswonderful

Ah, back to school time. I remember those days...

Considering I'm not in school any more, what I'm most looking forward to is the end of October. That's when farmers market ends and I will have two day weekends rather than only Sunday off. I will also be working less than 60-70 hours a week once frost hits sometime in October and a lot of our crops stop producing. Unlike just about the rest of the non-farming world, things slow down in the fall and winter for me. It's lovely.
Like pirates? Want to be a classy vermin who wears a cravat and sails the high seas? Enjoy writing? Join the VI! http://rovl.org/vi
VI movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VD-1Q0htbfk&feature=youtu.be

Skalrag of Marshank

Ooh, I love Farmer's Market!
"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

Lutra

Its always awesome to buy local whenever possible.  Farmer's markets are good for that. :)
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Gonff

Just finished my first school subject of the day! Since I'm home-schooled I can get on here right after I finish it and tell you all about it! :P
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to a garage makes you an automobile.--Billy Sunday

yeswonderful

Quote from: Lutra on August 29, 2011, 01:14:53 AM
Its always awesome to buy local whenever possible.  Farmer's markets are good for that. :)

Just make sure you ask the vendors where their produce comes from. At the main farmers market we sell at, 95% of the vendors get their produce from California :/ There's no restriction on whether or not you have to be a grower at this particular market. We're one of two vendors who grow all of our produce ourselves. Because we're among the few actual farmers at the farmers market, our prices are higher because we have to support ourselves on our sales, rather than buying the stuff wholesale and selling it for super cheap just to get some extra cash like the rest of the folks there. It helps that we're the only organic vendor, but people still ask why our prices are so high. We have to explain that they're actually on par with overall market value, but they seem expensive because everyone else is so dirt cheap. If you're going to be cheap about something, don't be cheap about your food. In the long run, you'll pay for it, as will everyone else on the planet.

Stepping off my soapbox now...

*coughs*

So, school, eh?  :D
Like pirates? Want to be a classy vermin who wears a cravat and sails the high seas? Enjoy writing? Join the VI! http://rovl.org/vi
VI movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VD-1Q0htbfk&feature=youtu.be

Skalrag of Marshank

"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

Log-a-Log

I just had my first day of high school today
I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

Lily

Nice, Log-a-Log! I hope you had a good time.

Log-a-Log

I t wasn't too bad. It was pretty different though
I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

Lily

I'm sure you'll get used to it. I hope you have a great time!

Shandi

Aww, school! I remember that. Y'all are making me feel old. I graduated from college in 2009. No more school for me. ^^

The latest Redwall survivor contest! Apps due May 31st!