which character deaths made you sad?

Started by Veil Sixclaw, March 24, 2013, 12:27:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiria Wildlough

The only death I nearly cried at was Mellus' death in The Bellmaker. I was more softhearted back then. :P
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Maudie

um, Romsca, she was one of my favorite vermin.  :-\
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Romsca

Quote from: Mask on April 24, 2013, 12:19:12 AM
Romsca, she was one of my favorite vermin.  :-\

Thanks! :D ;)

(She's obviously my favorite vermin too, even though I don't consider her a vermin)

Maudie

"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Norham Waterpaw

Rose, brag+saro, Shogg, and many more, any good guy who dies is pretty sad. I did feel a little pity for Veil though, and some of the more "innocent" vermin if you know what I mean.
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

Romsca

Maudie

Uh-huh! Romsca FTW! I guess.

I think that anyone would cry the first time they read about Mother Mellus' death, Tiria.  ::)

Romsca

Maudie

Weel, I wouldn't exactly say cry, but I was sad.

Lutra

I'm sure this type of topic exists somewhere else, but Swiffo's death was definitely a lousy thing to read. :( :(
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Blazemane

I'm not sure whether or not to classify it as "sad," or like... transcendent (maybe "bittersweet" is a better word), but Cregga Rose Eye's death is so powerful to me because Brian Jacques wrote what she was seeing as went out, and even though its inspired by her own memories, its like a glimpse of a sort of heaven. She's reveling in having sight again, she's surrounded by old, long-gone friends, and she's doing exactly what she used to love doing--marching into lands unknown. There's this incredible... joy to it, and some sort of triumph and... I'm not sure I can even exactly put into words. But it moves me.

Bragoon and Sarabando's deaths are powerful like that, too, but just a little less sweet and a little more bitter. But both scenes have made me cry.

Romsca's death is sad. Urthstripe's death is hard-hitting. Rose's death is hard-hitting, too, and made even worse by the fact that Martin completely exiles himself from everyone who knew what he'd lost. And it's been so many years since the first time I read it, but I think that that first time I read Veil's death, I cried there, too.

And I agree with Romsca about Felch, too. It doesn't get a really strong reaction out of me, but Felch's death seems like such a waste (and there's the tragedy of it all). Deyna completely breaks with the Juska clan over the issue of not killing Felch and he gives Felch a chance to run away. And then a few pages later, without Deyna ever even hearing about it, Gruven's mom runs Felch through on a whim.

I think there's probably a ton more, and I just don't remember them until I come across them again.

cluneythescourge

Swiffo. when he died, i was bawling :'(

Rose's death was so sad!

Tam and Martin

I wasn't actually crying for Swiffo that much.

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Tam and Martin on April 29, 2013, 08:30:21 PM
I wasn't actually crying for Swiffo that much.
I know that I seem to not remeber that much about the early Redwall characters, as I have not read the earlier books in a while, but I have a question: Who exacly was Swiffo? Was he that Hedgehog from Salamandastron?

Life is too short to rush through it.

Maudie

No, Swiffo was Skor Axehound's youngest son from The Rogue Crew. The young otter who was part of the Fortunate Freepaws.