News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Who is the best wielder of Martin's sword?

Started by Muse, September 22, 2011, 10:44:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who is the best wielder of Martin's sword?

Martin
Martin II
Luke
Badrang
Deadbrush
Matthias
Mattimeo
Samkin
Mokkan
Rakkety Tam
Bragoon
Sister Armel
Triss
Dandin
Dannflor
King Bull Sparra
Asmodeus
Arven
Vizka Longtooth
Magger
Deyna

Log-a-Log

Well Ferdy and Coggs in the Legend of Luke made the weather vane in the cellar. They probably made stuff like that by themselves in some way
I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

Muse

Do not fear the unknown. It cannot hurt you.
What is truly worth fearing is the known.
By Muse

rakkety tam

i'm not counting martin cause it was his sword so i picked rakkety tam bragoon and samkim
rock'n'roll  will survive

25% nerd 25% redneck 25% rocker 25% Redwaller  100% me

If war must come, let it come during my generation, so that my children will know peace

Lilly of Redwall

Redwall forever!!!

Muse

Yeah, Braggon is definitely the best. What about King Bull Sparra?
Do not fear the unknown. It cannot hurt you.
What is truly worth fearing is the known.
By Muse

Redwall Musician

Quote from: from Musician's spelling lessonWield: To hold or use skillfully.

In that case, would Asmodeus even have been counted as a wielder?

And King Bull Sparra, we never get to see him use it. All he did was lose the sword to Asmodeus.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Coobreedan

Quote from: Redwall Musician on October 04, 2011, 02:22:38 PM
Quote from: from Musician's spelling lessonWield: To hold or use skillfully.
And King Bull Sparra, we never get to see him use it. All he did was lose the sword to Asmodeus.

Warbeak's mother (I forgot the name) did say he dug for worms with it though.
I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

winifred

Quote from: Dotti on September 23, 2011, 02:22:08 AM
Martin, Rakkety Tam, and Luke.  I really like the sword play that Martin does in TLOL.  I wish I could have seen it.
thats exactly what i was thinking!
Sherlock
Doctor Who
Beyond the Western Deep
Mouseguard
Ranger's Apprentice
Lord of the Rings
The Chronicles of Narnia
The Book Thief
Harry Potter
Percy Jackson
:D
And many many more...

Nightfire

Warbeaks' mother was called Dunwing.

And Martin is and always will be the best wielder of the sword. It WAS made specifically for him, after all.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Dotti

Quote from: Nightfire on October 05, 2011, 10:32:51 PM
Martin is and always will be the best wielder of the sword. It WAS made specifically for him, after all.
Yup.  Pretty much sums it up right there.  Since none of the great swordbeasts ever compete, (or even live in the same time period for the most part) we can't really judge who's the best.  They're substantially better than the other beasts around them and good enough to beat the bad guy, but that's really about all we can say.
"Aha! Today I shall become an author, and I shall auth, and auth, and auth, and make a squillion dollars! Whoopee!!!"
~Brian Jacques

Redwall Musician

The actual first known wielder of the sword was Martin Sr., the grandfather of Martin the Warrior. Though it was mentioned that Martin Sr. had a father who wielded it first. So if you want to go by that logic, the "sword" was made for the unknown father of Martin Sr. But in Mossflower the "blade" was made for Martin the Warrior. Make sense?
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Nightfire

Well, when we think sword, we think the long blade. The HILT was made for Martin Sr.'s father, but the sword was forged anew into a completely different weapon. I think Board may have even modified the hilt substantially.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Redwall Musician

No he din't! I remember Boar saying how great and sturdy the hilt was. I doubt he would change it. He worked on a forge, he was not a wood worker.

Dotti

...The hilt of Martin's sword wasn't wood, was it??  I always pictured it as being....more metal I guess.  Or something a little more sturdy and long-lasting than wood.  ???
"Aha! Today I shall become an author, and I shall auth, and auth, and auth, and make a squillion dollars! Whoopee!!!"
~Brian Jacques

Nightfire

It was metal. Definitely metal. Have you seen the illustrations on the covers of the books? It is METAL, not wood!