Is Redwall as safe as they say it is? (Role-play thread)

Started by Ashleg, September 02, 2015, 03:24:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should the vermin meet the Redwallers?

Yeah!!
Not yet...When we're further into the roleplay. c:

Hickory

The badger wheeled around and walked back toward the rat. "Really, Father, this is all too much for my legs." Carefully, once in range of the rat, she set her can down and restrained him with one powerful paw. "Stop squirming! You can't expect to stay here without proper manners."
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Ashleg

"Me?! But that vixen insulted me somethin' awful!" Fang snapped, kicking to try and get free from Ava's strong grasp. "Let go o' me arms, stripedog, I need t' get back at her fer callin' me what she did! 'Ow come she isn't the one yer holdin' back?"

Hickory

Ava growled. "Because we don't kill beasts at this Abbey," she said, "searat."
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

LT Sandpaw

Looking the young fox up and down Rayne shook her head firmly. "No I cannot, I don't care if its the creature who killed you're father I'm not risking the security of the Abbey over you're revenge." The squirrel healer stepped in front of the gate crossing her paws.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Pattering up the stairs Bracklew stopped outside of Mixy's room. He could hear the sound of rummaging from the dorm. Walking up he tapped lightly on the frame, biting back a yelp of pain as his sore paw bounced off the woodwork. Deciding against knocking again he sat down so he was resting against the door.

"Mix," he called, not sure what to say. Mixy had always been the one skilled at making creatures feel better. Now that he thought back over it, she had always been the strong one. "Mix, can I talk to you?"

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Ashleg

Bracklew was greeted with silence for at least five minutes, until Mixy unlocked the door.
She was wearing a satchel over her shoulder, and looked rather unkempt.
Though the haremaid had not opened the door to let him in, she stepped back in case he wanted to.
"I'm going after the ferret," she said, tearing at the eyes as she patted the bag.
"He'll pay for what he's done..."

--

Fang continued his struggle.
"I can't kill somebeast with a fork, I jus' wanted t' hurt her!"

Groddil

Mortembell walked over to the ruccus.
"Let the rat go. If he so much as puts a claw on me OR my son, I will personally make him wish that his crew hadn't have killed Threeclaw."
A tear fell onto her cheek.
"I loved him, RAT. Could you say the same about anybeast, or are you the kind of vermin that just likes killing for the fun of it?"
She spread her arms wide.
"Go on then, rat. Kill me. My son won't be very happy when he finds out both of his parents have been murdered. If you want to contend with the full wrath of Hellgates, then by all means, strike me down."

One-Ear looked knowingly at Rayne.
"I understand. I won't risk your Abbey, but I'm not letting her go either. Can you tell me where to get some rope?"

Redfang staggered along contently, gulping down seaweed grog he had stolen from Rapshade's room aboard the ship. This was the life! Plunder, murder, grog, wealth...And never having to see that stupid Vix again. He grinned drunkenly as he hurled the flagon over his shoulder. He burped as he clambered up onto the deck of the ship.

Ashleg

"But I'm not like that!" Fang cried, giving up in his struggle to get free.
"...You're a vermin, too...Remember?"

--

Rapshade grinned at Redfang when he came aboard.
"There you are. You like kicking, huh?"

Groddil

"I don't care about my species, I'm not the one that goes around with a crew of murdering scum. I'm a healer, I save lives, I don't take them away. Of course, you could always kill me. Then we'll see how innocent you are, eh?"

Redfang staggered past Rapshade.
"Yeah, yeah, in a sec. *HICK!* I...I..I-I-I...I kill th- *HICK!* vixen. Noneeworry'boueramore! *Burp!*"
"Yew sez ya don care what ah do, slong as benfits yee. Well, I c'n climb the walls 'n open gates. Wif Woodlanders distracted by Vix, nobeast'llseemeeeeee."
The stoat tripped over a loose piece of timber and fell flat on the deck.

Ashleg

Fangfang whimpered, glancing desperately up at Ava with the hope she'd release him before turning back to Mortembell. "...I already said it, I'm not like that. I've never killed anybeast...as far as I know." The yellow-furred rat decided to try saying something back to her.
He smirked nervously. "If he was anythin' like ye, mayhaps yer mate deserved it."

--

"Not with y' drunk like that, y' won't." Rapshade growled.
The ferret aimed to kick the stoat in the side when Redfang fell.
"Get up!"

Groddil

Mortembell was upon the rat in an instant, tearing at him with tooth and claw. Between bites, she screamed at him.
"As far as you know, I'll teach you something you'll know forever you insolent...little...BEAST! How DARE you insult Threeclaw like that? HOW DARE YOU!"

Redfang sprawled on the deck.
"But bossy, if we ain' 'tackkin' Rewerr, whadda ya wa' me fer?"

One-Ear placed an ear to the gate. The treacherous vixen was losing interest. He had to get over the wall before she left. Ignoring Rayne, he ran to the walltops and clambered down, using the katana as an extra handhold. When he got to the ground, he spied Vix standing at the gate. His eyes clouded with rage.
"YOU! You killed my father, Vix! I'll kill YOU!"
Vix panicked. She ran for her life down the path away from the Abbey.

Ashleg

Fang's screams filled the air and echoed around the room.
Grant rushed over and tried to interfere, but he was relatively timid and his voice was for the most part snuffed out by the searat's pitiful wailing. Still, he tried to get in there and get Mortembell off him.
"Stop this violence at once--Mortembell, please, cease the violence...." He glanced at Duncan to ask for help. The hare shrugged, looking rather satisfied.

--

"We ain't takin' 'Rewerr' while you're drunk, idiot!" Rapshade snapped, kicking him again.
"Get to your paws, fool..."

Groddil

Mortembell loosed her jaws from Fangfang. She cowered, ears flat.
"Sorry, sir. I got carried away, he...Sorry. I never should have come here."
She slunk off up to the stairs, in the direction of the Infirmary, the only other room she know of.

One-Ear had triumphed. He had run Vix to ground and ended her miserable existence. He didn't like killing that much, but this was a necessary evil. Maybe once the pirates were all dead as well he could go back to being a normal teen again. He retrieved the katana from Vix's body and cleaned the tainted blood off. Looking in the direction of the Abbey, he plodded back towards the gates

Redfang staggered to his feet, and stood swaying before Rapshade.
"'Kay chief, what's next?"

Ashleg

Grant's voice was stern.
"I forgive you. Just do not do it again unless it is in self defense, or I'm afraid you'll have to leave." He watched as Mortembell ran off.
Turning back to Fangfang, the Abbot shook his head at what he saw.
He couldn't send him to the infirmary, since Mortembell was up there. He felt like he's lost control as Abbot.

--

"See those stairs there? They lead down to where the crew sleeps. Go take a nap until you're not drunk anymore, and then we'll talk." Rapshade snapped.

Groddil

Redfang may have been drunk, but he wasn't stupid.
"Why? So the crew can kill me as I sleep? Nah, I'm fine right here."
The stoat threw himself to the deck.

Mortembell was angry. Very angry, she was seething with rage. That insolent rat needed to be taught a lesson. She secretly hoped he escaped and rejoined the crew. Then One-Ear would deal with him for sure.

Ashleg

Rapshade sneered. "Fine, sleep out here and embarrass yourself." The ferret rasped, slinking back towards his cabin to plan.
He swallowed to keep himself from coughing.
Don't show that you're sick...Don't do it.

--

Fangfang whimpered and flopped back in Ava's arms.
"Oh Abbot Sir, I'm dying. I can't stay awake."
"You aren't dying, Fang, I'm pretty sure you are just going unconcious."