News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Lord of the Rings

Started by Primrosewarrior, March 30, 2012, 09:05:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bragoon

Boromir?  I liked him rather a lot, but I think his role was an interesting one. 
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

psybox

no, saruman. i had to look up the spelling. and i meant they killed him off too early in the movies.

Bragoon

"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

KaiTheDog

Quote from: Bragoon on April 07, 2012, 12:46:26 AM
Boromir?  I liked him rather a lot, but I think his role was an interesting one. 

Oh, Boromir, why did your death have to be so darn sad?  :'(

Primrosewarrior

Then you havedone what I could not

DeathRage

"I tried to take the Ring from Frodo. I am sorry. I have failed."
I am Deathrage. Leader of a horde of rats. Bow to me. If you do not... You will see.

Primrosewarrior

Aww, why did you do that, bro?

MatthiasMan

" The ring is MINE!" *turn invisible*

DanielofRedwall

I'm half way through The Hobbit and have watched the first film. So, while I'm new to the series, I can already guarentee I'm going to love this series. Anyone else collect the models? My brother does and I might start doing it as well.
Received mostly negative reviews.

Firehawke

I just saw a trailer for the first part of The Hobbit...I can't wait!  I'm going to have to reread the book again before the movie comes out!
The knitting, crochecting, Zoo Tycoon playing, frog loving member!

MatthiasMan

Maybe I'll watch the cartoon version of the hobbit tomorrow.

Dannflor

Want to bet primewotyoumecalls it I llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooovvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee it
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

Redwallfan7

I like the music in LOTR
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

MatthiasMan

DanielofRedwall

Yup, the music is awesome.

Here's something interesting, The Hobbit movie will be shot at 48 frames per second. All movies since about the 1920s have been shot at 24fps. The human eye sees at about 60ish fps. So this means that the movie is going to look exceptionally life-like. It will also reduce the headaches and sore eyes caused by viewing films in 3D.
While this may sound awesome, there are quite a few negatives. For instance, the animated parts will look more noticeably fake than they normally would. Also, quite a few cinemas might not be able to show it at 48fps anyway (they'll show it at 24fps).
This article is the best one I've managed to find which explains all this.
This is all pretty revolutionary. It's never been done before. Some are comparing it to the step in to colour TV. James Cameron says it's "the future of cinema". We'll see. I, for one, will probably see it at both 48fps in 3D and 24, just to compare the two.
Received mostly negative reviews.