News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Mossflower Odyssey V: Heaven-Sent is open for applications

Started by Airan, January 25, 2020, 09:14:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Airan

I saw that Waycaster had done an advertisement for me, but I figured I'd quickly go on here and do something a bit more official-

The drums of war are seldom silent over the fierce and brutal Northlands. However, there are some places where the horrid cries of battle are unheard, peaceful places long hidden from the eyes and ears of those who would bring them destruction. Settled deep within verdant pines and tangled briars along the land's northeastern coast is one such place, a tranquil village known simply as Nest. The creatures of Nest are odd folk, bearing affinities for strange rituals and believing the winds of fate to carry them safely through their lives.

However, the once calm winds have changed course, carrying in their wake a prophecy that threatens the peace the creatures of Nest have forever known. Invaders shall arrive from across the sea with weapons in paw and what can only be described as a living god at their helm, ready to slaughter in a relentless pursuit of conquest. But there is still hope yet. For nine warriors, heaven-sent, shall appear in the darkest hour to defeat both god and army, and save Nest from certain ruin. As time passes though, no heroes have shown, and the invaders grow ever closer. Mekai, a young priestess of Nest, has grown restless with waiting, setting out on her own to bring them herself. Even if they're found though, the odds are stacked against them at least a hundred to one. Will it be enough? Find out in Mossflower Odyssey V: Heaven-Sent!

Hello, everyone, I'm Airan, the forum administrator for Redwall Survivor and the coordinator for Mossflower Odyssey V: Heaven-Sent, our latest survivor contest. Now, you might be wondering to yourself-

What is a Redwall Survivor Contest?

A Redwall Survivor Contest is basically a collaborative story set in the Redwall universe in which a number of different writers will each take control of and write a character of their own creation, all interacting with one another and pushing the plot forward until its inevitable ending. While similar to one, this is not a Role-play, but rather a long form, collaborative narrative from the perspective of multiple characters by multiple writers. To explain, each Redwall Survivor Contest is broken up into a number of Rounds, each lasting a little over a week, where the writers involved must write at least one chapter from their character's perspective. This chapter will be based in continuity, often starting where another writer's chapter may have ended, or leading into the one after it. As an example, say your characters are exploring a cave system looking for treasure. Jim might write about his character coming across the cave, telling his companions and setting the plan to get the treasure inside, while Sue might follow up with her own character leading the party into the cave, encountering whatever dangers might lurk inside, and finally finding the treasure.

Now here's the fun part. What exactly does 'Survivor Contest' entail? Well, let me explain. Every week, after the contestant's have all finished posting their respective chapters, the audience will then vote for their LEAST favorite character of the group. The votes will be tallied, and whichever writer's character receives the most votes, must be killed off or otherwise removed from the story. This continues every Round until only three characters remain. After one final round with the remaining three survivors, the audience will vote one last time, but this time for who their MOST favorite character is. The winner of this vote will be the crowned the official winner of the contest, and together with the other members of the Top 3, will finish the story and congratulate themselves on a job well done.

If that sounds like a good time to you, and you are a talented writer looking to improve your skills through collaborative competition, then please head to our forum at http://www.redwallsurvivor.com/forums/ to learn more. There you'll be able to view the rules, as well as read the opening Prologue of the story.

Additionally, this will be the first Redwall Survivor Contest that I run that will have a handicap for all newcomers to the scene, so if this is your first time, or you are a new writer, don't be scared off. Don't waste time though. Applications for entry close on February 17th, 2020 at 11:59 PM EST.