News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Redwall movie idea- NEW

Started by abbotsrboss, July 15, 2012, 01:07:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Is this a good idea or a bad idea?

good
bad
ok

abbotsrboss

Redwallfan7 are you agreeing with me or not? No pressure to agree with me I'd just like to know because I'm confused :-[.  Video games are rated M, not movies.  I agree with everything that Flandor said, there is no way in the history of the world that Redwall could be rated something worst than PG-13. I mean, it's about a group of peace-loving woodlanders! The violence does not take up the whole book, like it does in other movies like the Lord of the Rings.  Actually, the film makers might have to amp up the violence to make it less boring (people LOVE violence). For example, in the Lord of the Rings, they shortened down the time when the hobbits were going to Rivendell because people would have been bored if they followed the book excatly. I think the film makers would highlight the violence but tone it done at the same time. I mean in most of the books, they spend a lot of time just feasting and being the peace-loving creatures that they are!  Hope this helps! :)

I really don't think that Redwall should be made as an animation movie.  The original cartoons I thought did not do justice to the books.  Also, as I said before it is very hard to replicate nature through animation, it never looks as good!  If actors did not want to wear all the make up, then they could have other actors do the actual acting and the people who everyone wanted to play the characters could do voice-overs.

IMPORTANT UPDATE- Mossflower has been added to the list of movies that I would like to make as a live-action film. ;D
I wish I was as wise as a Redwall Abbot

SableFury

I think it would be cool, but it might be hard to find the money for props and stuff.
"Did you just fall?"

"No, I attacked the floor."

"Backwards?"

"I'm freaking talented,okay?!?"

Dear Cool People:
         They didn't name a candy after you,did they?
                   Sincerely, Nerds

abbotsrboss

As I said before, the movie business is a multi-million dollar industry.  They will do anything to make something work.  We can worry about how to find the money for it later. :)

SableFury

"Did you just fall?"

"No, I attacked the floor."

"Backwards?"

"I'm freaking talented,okay?!?"

Dear Cool People:
         They didn't name a candy after you,did they?
                   Sincerely, Nerds

Flandor

I would only like to see an animation if someone not Disney did it.  I'd nominate the great animating company Studio Ghibli, who put out such greats as Kiki's Delivery Service, Spirited Away, Secret World of Arriety, etc.  Their animation is fluid, beautiful, hand-done, and pays careful attention to detail and small nuances.  Disney distributes their work in America but all the decision making and work is done by Ghibli.  I'd have to see real British, Irish and Scottish voice actors.  No Americans faking it, or using American accents in the film.
"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer

Redwallfan7

I disagree with you guys. I think Disney animation would do a great job. Some of the Disney voice casts WERE British, you know. Sebastion Cabot, for example. I also thought that the t.v show was cool. The characters had great expressions. Not to start a fight, but my opinion differs from yours.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

W0NWILL

Having the animals be like the ones in Narnia, that would be cool. Narnia does a great job with it's animals, Reepicheep could almost be Matthias!

That's Reepicheep!

Flandor

I'd be much too afraid Disney would have Pixar animate it.  I love Pixar but Redwall would not fit that style.  And that's true some of the old voice actors were British but I don't believe they'd have the same sorts of voice actors today.  I was very disappointed with Disney's recent 2d effort, the Princess and the Frog.  I think their magic happened years ago, into the nineties, but is no longer the same.  Ghibli however is going strong and still creating masterpieces.  Just my thoughts.
"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer

Redwallfan7

Quote from: W0NWILL on July 15, 2012, 04:41:20 PM
Having the animals be like the ones in Narnia, that would be cool. Narnia does a great job with it's animals, Reepicheep could almost be Matthias!

That's Reepicheep!
Narnia would also do a great job. I agree, WonWill. Those and Disney animation are really great movies. Repicheep is so cool. I picture the Redwall battles like the Narnia ones. I think that some of the Narnia soundtrack would also make good music for a movie of Redwall.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Redwallfan7

Quote from: Flandor on July 15, 2012, 04:43:53 PM
I'd be much too afraid Disney would have Pixar animate it.  I love Pixar but Redwall would not fit that style.  And that's true some of the old voice actors were British but I don't believe they'd have the same sorts of voice actors today.  I was very disappointed with Disney's recent 2d effort, the Princess and the Frog.  I think their magic happened years ago, into the nineties, but is no longer the same.  Ghibli however is going strong and still creating masterpieces.  Just my thoughts.
Well, I actually think that the classic Disney up untill the early 2000s is way better than Pixar. I did see Brave though, that one was good.

abbotsrboss

I agree with you guys that who ever did Reepicheep in Narnia did a great job. However, you have to remember that Reepicheep was only one character in Narnia- there was humans too. In Redwall, all of the characters in the movie/book would and are animals so, there is no human characters to anchor it to the ground, to make it relatable to the people who are watching the movie.  I think if you can somewhat see a human through the make-up (like they did in the Wizard of Oz with the Lion) then it makes it all more relatable, it makes it much more interesting then a bunch of animated charcaters. Some creatures might have to have some parts of them animated to make them look more like animals, but still if the characters are humans in costumes, they can really, act! Their reaction to deaths is real rather than computer-animated and in a book like Redwall, where deaths are a common occurence, that acting is nessecary!
And plus, animated movies don't win Best Picture at the Oscars ;)

Flandor

Three animated movies have been nominated for Best Picture and there's a special category for animated films at the Oscars ;)

I saw a production of Wind in the Willows using humans dressed as animals and it worked quite well.  Wind in the Willows is similar to Redwall in many ways, so yes I can see that working, abbotsrboss. 

Redwallfan7

Quote from: Flandor on July 15, 2012, 06:51:13 PM
Three animated movies have been nominated for Best Picture and there's a special category for animated films at the Oscars ;)

I saw a production of Wind in the Willows using humans dressed as animals and it worked quite well.  Wind in the Willows is similar to Redwall in many ways, so yes I can see that working, abbotsrboss. 

Lol, cool

Felldoh154

Haha now I'm picturing reepacheep kinda like matthias

abbotsrboss

Sorry- I should have done my research about the Oscar thing.  My point really was that the film would be better over all if it was not animated because humans are likely better actors than computers ;)