From one beast to the next, I challenge you. (RP Duel tournament OOC/Sign-up)

Started by shisteer of nothing much, August 03, 2020, 10:43:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebias of Redwall

Quote from: Scott McLamok on August 30, 2020, 08:59:37 AM
I may join this....but I don't want to mess it up with my mediocre RPing...
Oh, pfft, if I can get in an RP, anyone can.  :laugh: I'm sure you'll do fine. Also, what Teer said. Practice makes perfect.  :)
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

shisteer of nothing much

I prefer to say practice makes progress. Perfection is too high a goal and a little unnecessary.
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

The Shadow of Korriban

The best way to forget your own problems is to beat a rock with a stick.<br /><br />My YouTube channel!

shisteer of nothing much

Wonderful! Please, feel free. The first step is to make a character by filling in the character sheet in the original post. Once you've done that you can get started on killing people.

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Cornflower MM

*Raises hand* Just putting it out there that I've been keeping an eye on this, just haven't said anything yet. Please remind me to make a character sheet over the next few days.

shisteer of nothing much

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Scott McLamok

"A knife, thrown just right, can accomplish wonderful things." -Cayde- 6

"I'm ready! How bout you?" - Emile-A239

"If you win you live. If you lose you die. If you don't fight, you can't win." – Eren Jaeger

"Keep your wits sharp and your blade sharper." – Mandalore the Destroyer

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons." - General Douglas MacArthur

This is the Way.

Sebias of Redwall

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Wylder Treejumper

Verily, I shall make a contribution to this worthy cause. Let it not be said, that when my honor was at stake, that I did not stand forth to defend it!
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

shisteer of nothing much

Hmmm, with a speech like that, I look forward to seeing your character.

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Sebias of Redwall

Yay! The long dreaded poll!

Please read and vote, y'all! We can't decide the outcome without all of your help.  :P

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

The Grey Coincidence

Unfortunately I have not yet read enough of the RP to be able to vote yet- but I will!!! No I'm here because I changed my mind about signing up. So here is my character

I have voted!!!
My Character

Desired opponent (If left blank, I will simply pair you up with someone else as I see fit): You may pair me up with whomever you see fit.
Name: Kew-Kew
Species: (Eagle) Wearet
Build: Hmmmmmmm, for this duel Imma go with big, broad-shouldered and hunched over.
Weapon: Generally good ole tooth and claws, though Kew-Kew *iiiis* quite good at setting up traps and has a few handy dandy spears.
Basic history/personality (If relevant to the duel): He's a wearet that thinks he's an eagle. I don't think more history than that is necessary. He's generally a somewhat amicable monster but he's also a bit big on the self-agrandizing front.
Motivation: Can be changed to anything to better suit the duel, but generally he wants to hunt eagles.
Appearance: Kew-Kew is pretty freaky at first glance. He's missing fur in places, has got big yellow teeth and large claws and a big tail. He doesn't wear much, being a somewhat insane jungle monster, but dons a skirt made up of eagle feathers.

I realize two things after I write this. One, does Kew-Kew count as a goodbeast? Two, how does he end up in an arena?
[close]
Profile by the wonderful Vizon.

Also, behold this shiny medal! How I got it is a secret...

Also, also, I am running fanfic conteeeeeests!

shisteer of nothing much

Good questions, both. I'd say he counts as a good enough beast, though it doesn't matter too much because the tournament doesn't specify goodbeast. (That's just me and Seb's duel)
How does Kew-Kew end up anywhere? He has a knack for getting into the middle of things, I think.

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Captain Wortshire

[move][/move]
"It's so sad. Nobody understands you. But the truth is you're the one who finds everyone & everything to be a pain in the butt."
"The moon tide is tugging on our hearts right now."
"Ishkhaqwi ai durugnul"
"We're making the mother of all omelettes here. Can't fret over every egg"
Spoiler
[close]

shisteer of nothing much

Oh, sweet! Feel free! @Cornflower MM and @Wylder Treejumper were going to join, but they're taking their time about it.

Also, feel free to submit more than one character if you feel you can keep up with them. I'll probably make at least one more character to make sure everybeast has someone to fight.

Also also, I may add a deadline to getting characters up, since everybeast seems to need one in order to actually get onto it.

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!