News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

working out

Started by blindsimeonjtp, January 11, 2013, 09:56:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Russano the Wise

I exercise by going for a 1/2-1 hour long bike ride each day. I just started doing it recently. A couple of weeks ago my mom tried to get me running for exercise but I hated it. So one day I was talking with my mom and dad about bike riding and they decided that we would go out for a ride just for fun. Unfortunately we had only two bikes so my dad went out and bought me a brand new bike. We went on the ride and enjoyed it so now mom lets me go bicycling instead of running. I like it sooo much better.   
"But if you really love your friends, they're never really gone. Somewhere they're watching over you and they're always there inside your heart." -Martin the Warrior

phoenixfoden

Nooo i hate exersize...id rather stay pudgy

Buzz_Bumble

Too much exercise is actually bad for you. There was a story in the local newspaper recently about a triathlon champion who now has heart problems because of too much exercise.

For most people, as long as they also eat sensibly, exercise (in the sense of a gym, jogging, etc.) is completely unnecessary - they get enough exercise just walking around the school, office, shopping centre, etc.

The so-called "Obesity Epidemic" that many countries are warbling on about these days is not caused by people not getting enough exercise due to computers, games consoles, etc. It's quite simply caused by bad eating habits - eating too much and too many "treat" things.

Personally I HATED school sport (called PE or physcial education here) - I was never any good at it, had to take off my glasses so could never see well enough either, plus had a sports teacher who called me by the wrong name for the last three years I was forced to take the subject. As soon as it became an optional subject, I didn't do any more of it. (And as further proof of how pointless and unnecesary it was, the "bright kids" got to choose whether or not they wanted to do it as a subject a year before everyone else!)

Redwaller

I don't do exercise to keep skinny. I do it to be fit, qhich is called muscles. And it works! I'm already starting to get fit!

And now about the program, I think I'll make a topic for it so it doesn't get lost with the rest of the replies here.

Kitsune

Ok! So that makes two of us! Anyone else?

The Shade

Quote from: Buzz_Bumble on June 12, 2013, 08:28:22 AM
Too much exercise is actually bad for you. There was a story in the local newspaper recently about a triathlon champion who now has heart problems because of too much exercise.

For most people, as long as they also eat sensibly, exercise (in the sense of a gym, jogging, etc.) is completely unnecessary - they get enough exercise just walking around the school, office, shopping centre, etc.

No, no, no, just walking around is'nt gonna keep you fit.I agree with the over exersizing bit, but going to the gym, and going for a run, those are nessasary.
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

Leatho Shellhound

I just play with my dog....which gives me nice sized muscles, plus I can eat any thing I want and stay skinny.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

The Shade

You don't wanna be skinny.....You you want to be fulla musles (like me ;D)
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

Tam and Martin

I think what he means is not to be overweight.

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Leatho Shellhound

Yes, I have more musles than fat....a lot more.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Redwaller

Quote from: Leatho Shellhound on June 14, 2013, 08:57:20 PM
plus I can eat any thing I want and stay skinny.
Same here!  :D

Tam and Martin

Quote from: Redwaller on June 15, 2013, 12:37:21 PM
Quote from: Leatho Shellhound on June 14, 2013, 08:57:20 PM
plus I can eat any thing I want and stay skinny.
Same here!  :D
I wish that was the same with me. If I eat to much I feel sick and weigh more if I eat like that frequently. If I don' eat enough, I feel sick also and I feel empty.

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000