News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Name Pronunciation

Started by Wylder Treejumper, November 24, 2014, 10:59:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How do you pronound Wylder?

Will-Der
3 (14.3%)
Wild-Er
16 (76.2%)
Will-Deer
0 (0%)
Other
2 (9.5%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Faiyloe

Quote from: The Skarzs on November 26, 2014, 03:57:32 AM
Does anyone pronounce the S in my name? I always say my name with a hard K and both the Z and the S at the end.

Why of course Skarzsles dear  ;D the S is alway pronounced when said like that.  ;D
)
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Delthion

How do people pronounce my name?
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Rainshadow

DELL-ee-chan.  ;D

Lol, I pronounce it as "DELL-thee-on", with the "th" sounding like the "th" in "thought", not the "th" in "thee".
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Delthion

Yeah, that's how I pronounce it, but I wasn't sure how to do that.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Rainshadow

Everyone else is doing it, so how do you guys pronounce MY username?  ;D  (I seriously hope everyone knows how to pronounce it, because if not, I may very well just lose my faith in humanity and all other species that inhabit this forum.  ::))
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Delthion

I pronounce it RI-an-shae-duh. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Just rain and shadow put together.

But with Rochil how many times do you roll the r? Just once or multiple times?

Søren

Quote from: Delthion on November 26, 2014, 05:27:13 AM
How do people pronounce my name?
Dell-thi-on.
Like dell computers, thi, sorta like "tea" and "the", then on, like turn on.

I'm retired from the forum

Delthion

And I pronounce Soren, SORE-in.

Søren

Yeah, that's pretty much how it is.
Quote from: Rainshadow on November 26, 2014, 05:34:56 AM
 Everyone else is doing it, so how do you guys pronounce MY username?  ;D  (I seriously hope everyone knows how to pronounce it, because if not, I may very well just lose my faith in humanity and all other species that inhabit this forum.  ::))
Yeah, your name is easy to pronounce. It's simply sounds like Ransadoe. ;)

I'm retired from the forum

Rainshadow

Y'all're hopeless.  ::)  ;)

@Deli-chan:  Rochil is pronounced basically like this: "uh-DOE-keel".  Rolled once, and it sounds a bit more like a "d" than an "r" (still pronounced as an "r", I'm just saying it sounds like a "d".).  And the "uh" part is more of a pickup note (whoa, pullin' out the ole music terms) and is barely even there.

Yeah, pretty much all I can think of to help describe the "r" is to think of the Japanese pronunciation.  I feel like that may be the wrong way to explain it, but that's all that's coming to mind currently.  :-\

@Ren-chan:  I pronounce Soren almost the same way that Deli-chan does: "SOAR-en".

James Gryphon

My name should be self-explanatory, since both parts of it are existing words, but in case there was any confusion: "Gry" doesn't rhyme with "my" or "thigh". "Gryph" should be pronounced as "Griff". If you get the first part correct, the last should sound all right.

As far as y'all's go, I use "Wild-er", "Dell-fee-on", and "Sore-in". Oh, and "Rah-in-shay-dow" (the last syllable pronounced as in Dow Jones). ;)
« Subject to editing »

The Skarzs

Rah-ins-had-ow. Rain-shad-ow.
Deel-thoyn. Del-thee-on.
Sauron. Soar-en.
Fah-eye-lowee. Fay-low.
Yam-ez Gripe-on. James Grif-on.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

BadgerLordFiredrake

While - der
The Scars
Fay - low
baby turtle forever

SilentSam

;D~~~~Silent~~~~Sam~~~~Squirrel~~~ ;D
HEHE!

I AM SAM ;D
Cicha sam jest najlepszym redwall znaków!

The Skarzs

Quote from: The Skarzs on November 26, 2014, 03:27:46 PM
Rah-ins-had-ow. Rain-shad-ow.
Deel-thoyn. Del-thee-on.
Sauron. Soar-en.
Fah-eye-lowee. Fay-low.
Yam-ez Gripe-on. James Grif-on.
No one has anything to say about this? Okay then. . .
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.