Is Redwall as Safe as they Say it is? Roleplay thread v.2.0!

Started by Ashleg, February 12, 2016, 11:58:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hickory

I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Groddil

Mortembell motioned to a seat.
"Fang, you get on. He can stay there 'til it's time to go."
Another groan quivered through the entire ship. Mortembell glanced around nervously.
"Hurry up, Fangfang! We're runnin' outta time!"

LT Sandpaw

"Alright, but help we with Skip, he's hurt bad." Bracklew positioned himself at the otter's footpaws looking at Duncan expectantly. Skipper waved a paw grinning at the hare and squirrel. The grin turned into a wince as the ageing otter tweaked his shoulder.

"I'm fine mates, jus' a small cut, somethin' to show th' pups when I get back." Bracklew said nothing as he and Ducan lifted the otter down into a logboat.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Groddil

One-Ear peered into the logboat, which was by now a considerable distance below the railing as the ship leaned heavily to one side.
"I don't see much space left, mates, 'specially with two wounded. I'd say we'd have to jump for it, but now I think we 'ave to swim."

Ashleg

Fangfang jumped into the boat with a yelp.
"Are we all gonna die?" He asked nobeast in particular, watching as even more water sloshed onto the deck.
Rapshade was left clinging to the rail for his life, for he was tired and had a broken leg. He wasn't going anywhere.
Duncan glanced at One-Ear. "In the ocean? Why, we'd never make it."
Rapshade also glanced at One-Ear when the fox said that, growing more and more mortified by the second.
"I--I can't swim like this!"

Hickory

Further down the river, a flotilla of three logboats drifted downriver. Gruddil, Log-a-Log Chrysanthe's deputy, was in the prow of the leading boat. The little fleet had been ordered to follow up on the first if they spent too long of a time attacking Rapshade's vessel. In the same boat sat two figures from Redwall, Ava the badgermum and Rayne Hummingwolf the healer. Ava had kept a hold on the sword she had used when defending Redwall, and now it leaned against the hull, ready for action. Rayne had packed her healing kit and refused to carry a blade.

As the logboats rounded a corner in the river, Gruddil suddenly stood up. "Everybeast, be silent!" he said. Listening carefully, all the other rowers ceased their actions and shipped oars. A tense silence fell over the river, the only other sound being the rippling of the water.

Gruddil's voice broke over the shrews. "It's beasts shouting, sounds like they're in distress! Fimble, you've got the best eyesight. Get up here and take a look."

Fimble did, in fact, have excellent eyesight and within moments he spotted the hulk of the Shadowcaster sinking beneath the waves. The shrew reported to his leader quickly. "Sinkin' ship, broad on the port bow. I'd say she 'as about five minutes afore she's lost."

Gruddil leapt into action. "All rowers, double time! We 'ave to get to that ship fast!"

Ava tried to stand up, rocking the boat as she did. "What? Can you see anybeast on board?"

Fimble looked again. "Sorry, marm, too distant t'make out."

The logboats sped towards the Shadowcaster, cleaving the water like three knives.

Groddil

One-Ear shrugged.
"Looks like we won't have to, here comes help!"
The fox waved to the approaching logboats before calling down to Mortembell.
"Cut the line, mother. Get away from the ship before you're all dragged down with it!"
Mortembell complied, slicing cleanly through the line and pushing the logboat away from the ship.

Hickory

OC: So is Rapshade on the ship? Is everybody in the logboat?

Ashleg

OOC-
Rapshade, Duncan, and One-Ear are not in the longboat.

Groddil

OOC: Duncan, Bracklew, Rapshade, and One-Ear are on the ship. Mortembell, Chrysanthe, Skipper, and Fangfang are in a logboat.

Hickory

OOC: Um... Two answers here... Sorry, but I'm going with Ashleg, as he's the guy in charge round here....

BIC:

Ava waved back to One-Ear. Gruddil eyed the fox and Rapshade suspiciously. "You sure that we can trust 'em?"

The badgermum nodded. "Yes, I worked with them at the Abbey. Bring one of the boats alongside the ship to pick up Duncan and Rapshade, One-Ear can come with us."

One of the boats was steered alongside the ship, directly below Duncan and Rapshade. The one with Ava and Gruddil bumped against the hull of the Shadowcaster, the shrews making room for One-Ear.

LT Sandpaw

OOC: There should be a few logboats left, al packed with shrews and otters.

BIC:

Seeing one thing left Bracklew left Skipper in the bottom of the logboat a climbed back into the ship. Limping over the Rapshade the squirrel leaned close to the ferret whispering in his ear so only they could hear.

"You killed my best friend Rapshade. You killed her and I can never forgive that, you can't come to Mossflower. There are former slaves there who will hunt you down and make sure your dead. You'll ruin more lives if you come with us, so for once do something right. What is it they say? The captain goes down with his ship." Turning away from Rapshade the squirrel limped back over to the railing. He didn't even have to climb at that point, the vessel had sunk to the point where he could just step into the log boat.

Groddil

One-Ear followed Bracklew into Ava's boat. He took a seat next to the squirrel and badger.
"What do you two think about Rapshade? We aren't seriously considering rescuein' 'im are we?"

Ashleg

Rapshade waited for Duncan to get into the boat before reluctantly creeping over there, tail twixt his legs.
He shook his head at Bracklew but did not step into the longboat.
"You don't understand... I'm n-not captain of anything anymore.."

LT Sandpaw

Bracklew ignored Rapshade settling himself down in the logboat. Turning to One-ear he spoke in a hollow voice, the weight of what had occurred pressing down on him.

"He's not coming with. Come on, lets go home."

OOC: Last post of the day. I'll rejoin in the morning.