"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Wild Ivy from the TV series

Started by Film Reel, June 08, 2013, 03:27:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vilu Daskar

Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Shadowed One

Quote from: Lutra on June 08, 2013, 06:10:51 PM
Wild Ivy is also a one-off character of the series...you see her once, and never again.  Most fans see the episode as filler for the series, and it is.  Its not one of the strongest of the first season...Nelvana was still trying to figure out how to make the transition to screen work.  You're looking too much into a character that isn't meant to have much there in the first place.  It was cool she showed Matthias about the knife throwing and tricks, but Matthias' destiny was not to be skillful with a knife. ;)  I have no clue where her tail is, and frankly I never noticed it was missing.

I never noticed, either.
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

"I'm languishing in heroic obscurity!"-Doc

Rusvul

Quote from: Romsca on June 08, 2013, 04:26:46 PM
Ok, here goes...

I know you're probably thinking YAY! Someone's posting about her tail! Well, that's not what I was going to say. You see, she could have simply had it under her cloak or maybe she was born without it or she had it cut off in battle or amputated because of gangrene or infection. That being said, what I wanted to post about was her "psychic-ness". Was I the only one who found that weird? She seemed to palm-read, fortune-tell, and stuff like that. That was either just her showing off, in which case she should have been wrong somewhere, or she was actually telling the future. In that case, the Redwallers shouldn't have let her, since occult stuff like that wouldn't be allowed by a religious society like Redwall Abbey. Thoughts?
About the tail, agreed.
However, fortunetelling. I would guess she had a talent similar to Poleekin. That, or she was very good at analyzing current events and predicting the future. But I think it's more likely the former. Also, I would not say that Redwall shouldn't have allowed her "occult" fortunetelling. I would disagree with Redwall being a religious group. In an interview with Brian Jaques, he said something about deciding to make Redwall an abbey, rather than a castle, because an abbey has an air of peace and tranquility, and a castle does not. Redwall is all about peace, and it's not all hustle-bustle-would-you-like-to-buy-crowded-market-blah-blah-blah. I don't think it has anything to do with religion. Also, if it was religious, it would, like as not, be a non-Christian society. Having not studied very much about the religious history of non-european countries, I can't speak for them, but I have heard about, historically, a lot of Christian governments being intolerant to heretics and potential witches, anything that contradicts their religion, or might have to do with 'demons'. Anyway, I have heard less of that about other religions. Which could be just my lack of exposure to them (Where I live, nearly everyone is Christian)

Kitsune

I think it was just an act, because she said "Someone will die soon!" And nobody did. To which she said, "Oh, well....... we can all change our fates!" And what else did she foretell? Him missing the target? If any of you have tried to hit a target with a knife, it's extremely hard.
As for the tail, it could have been under her dress.

Rusvul

Ummm... I throw knives. A big, foot-long, heavy one I made myself. I can nail a pizza box one in five tries at fifteen feet. Well, sometimes the pommel is actually what goes into the box. But, that still counts, because it makes a giant hole through it...

rachel25

Wow where do you live  :o
Btw I never watched the Redwall tv series it wasn't on and I've never heard of Wild Ivy  8)

Romsca

You can watch them on YouTube or Netflix

Kitsune

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on June 20, 2013, 02:30:54 AM
Ummm... I throw knives. A big, foot-long, heavy one I made myself. I can nail a pizza box one in five tries at fifteen feet. Well, sometimes the pommel is actually what goes into the box. But, that still counts, because it makes a giant hole through it...
Have you tried to hit a solid target? I had five tries at a fair and I hit the target all of the times, but with the pommel or it didn't stick. If it was a pizza box, I would have probably put a hole in it all five times, but it was only at like five feet. ;) My point is, they weren't pizza boxes in Redwall and it seemed farther than fifteen feet. And the knives were about the size of the ones in the TV show, closer to six inches.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

'ov did ve get tae talkin' aboot pizza boxez anyvay?
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Rusvul

In the tv show, it looked like they were throwing at bricks. Which is very unlikely. And had hey been throwing at hay or dried grass targets, (the most likely scenario) then they would only have had to get it point first. Which, with proper instruction from a professional, and all day to practice, would not be too hard. I, and I presume you, are just throwing in a way that feels right. With the right technique, you can control your knife precisely.

Mariel

Are you sure she didn't have a tail I thought I remembered seeing the end of her tail one time. ???

Romsca

Kitsune