News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Things we love about the Redwall t.v show

Started by Redwallfan7, July 31, 2012, 10:22:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redwallfan7

Okay, now that we've said what we don't like about the show, why don't we say what we do like?

For example, I liked the coloring in the animation, and the animal's face expressions.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Lutra

What I do like about the series:

1.) Stays generally accurate to the books (season 2 and 3 especially once Nelvana knew what they were doing).  You'll never get a straight up book-to-media adaptation (season 1 added stuff) but there are far worse adaptations.

2.) VA artists aren't half bad with their roles; were they always what I expected, no, but they didn't blatantly put the wrong voice to the character either

3.) Animation is pretty good for a low budget TV series; you have to realize though, Nelvana had plenty of practice drawing anthropomorphized animals, so its actually good they got the rights, rather than a new studio that has to "learn" the process.  One thing to notice--watch the characters eyes in season 1--its really hard to create emotion when you lack the white of the eyes, and many of the mice do not have eye whites.  This changes for the later seasons, but it was a challenge to work with.  Reminded me of the original Watership Down because they didn't put in artificial white eyes.

4.) Music isn't bad either.  Jack Procher and Daniel Fernandez are the composers (you can actually download the background music and main theme if you go to their website) and at times they stick to period music, other times they don't.  One thing they really don't do much is go back to the main Redwall theme during the credits, so often there's a lack of coherence.  Its a computerized orchestra, and yes, cues are reused many many times, but its a low budget tv series, not a Spielberg blockbuster.

So there...that's what I do like about the series. :)
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Redwallfan7

I also love how they made the Abbey look, especially from the outside.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Tiria Wildlough

The only thing that I thought was truly awesome was the theme tune. ;)
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

MatthiasMan

Ditto. That was my favorite thing. The theme song of the show.

DanielofRedwall

Quote by me from the other thread about what you hated:
QuoteI thought that they did "Mattimeo" exceptionally well. I like how they seemed to raise the age group it was aimed at and it made it all seem a bit more mature than the first one. It was rated PG in Australia, rather than G. There are also no glaringly obvious differences between the book and show and nothing particularly annoying about it. This season was probably my favourite of the three.

I thought the voice acting was very impressive for the most part, particularly with Slagar, Cluny and Badrang's voices. The animation was good for a fairly low budget show, and I loved the music. I also think they portrayed most of the characters really well, making the annoying ones perfectly annoying and the heroic characters perfectly heroic. That's what I liked.
Received mostly negative reviews.

Redwallfan7

I loved the cloths for the animals. The feast in Mattimeo and the way Slagar made his introduction were all really close to the book and well done in my opinion. I also liked how they portrayed the theme song of the show, that music is great.

W0NWILL

I just watched the end of the third one. It reminded me why I love Redwall so much.