LEAST favorite "good" race

Started by Blaggut, August 22, 2013, 07:56:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What is your LEAST favorite "good" race?

Otter
3 (4.1%)
Hare
6 (8.1%)
Squirrel
4 (5.4%)
Mice
8 (10.8%)
Mole
10 (13.5%)
Hedgehog
19 (25.7%)
Shrew
16 (21.6%)
Badger
8 (10.8%)

Total Members Voted: 74

LT Sandpaw

Quote from: Banya on September 04, 2015, 07:00:56 AM
I am easily annoyed with most birds in the books.  It's safe to say that all of the birds except for Chibb, Skarlath,  Stryk Redkite, and those in Martin the Warrior (Boldred, her family, and the Warden) are at the bottom of my favourites list.  Rabbits, too.  Don't like them much.

What about Warbeak Sparra? She makes two appearances and is pretty awesome in both.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Delthion

I love the birds. Usually they're completely crazy and rather nonsensical, (rather like myself wot? Saw an opportunity to good to miss!) ;D ;D
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Banya

Quote from: LT Sandpaw on September 10, 2015, 01:26:29 AM
What about Warbeak Sparra? She makes two appearances and is pretty awesome in both.
I know so many readers like them, and I can appreciate that without understanding it.  I never did like the Sparras.

rrrrr

rrrrr.....

Ho arr, mateys, swimming is fun!

I had shrimp 'n' hotroot soup today.

Banya

Finally voted above; it wasn't an easy decision, but I voted for (or against, really) the squirrels.  I like most of the squirrels (Fwirl, Felldoh, Craklyn, Saro, Triss, Russa, Jess and Silent Sam to name a few), but some squirrels really grate on me.  That group includes the Gawtrybe and Jukka's tribe.

The Skarzs

Dan, Corn, and Faiy will have your head. :P
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

LT Sandpaw

Jukka's tribe, wow really?

Don't like Warbeak and the Sparra nor one of the coolest squirrel tribes in the series.
We have very different opinions. Still I totally understand your view on the Gawtrybe, they were just plain annoying.

Banya

I like Jukka and Ruro.  The rest of the tribe were too simple - they were selfish animals with no ideas of right and wrong.  At least Jukka is a grey character with complexity.  I like Lady Amber, too, though I don't always agree with her ideas of justice and fairness.

Wylder Treejumper

Squirrels?!?! Nonsense! While I agree that Jukka's tribe and especially the Gawtrybe were terrible, they don't at all fit the general definition of squirrel. They are the very rare exception to the rule. I'd say the squirrel type is defined more in Song and Jess Squirrel. And, this also means that you commit the grave offense of having Rakkety Tam MacBurl, Doogy Plum and Armel as part of the "Least Favorite Species"... Unpardonable!
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Hickory

May I say that almost every squirrel character is a Mary Sue/Gary Stu?
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Banya

Rakkety Tam was my least favourite book... like I said, it was a tough vote to cast, but when it comes down to it, the other species in the poll came out on top.  We're talking about the least of the best.  Squirrels are not at all the worst.

Delthion

*Shuns Banya's existence.* So what do people think of Jukka's Tribe? Personally, I never particularly liked them, and I never particularly disliked them. ;D ;D
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

The Skarzs

Quote from: Delthion on September 18, 2015, 04:47:18 AM
*Shuns Banya's existence.*
She's allowed her opinion. :P

As for Jukka's tribe, I really disliked their intolerance toward nearly every other beast but themselves.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

LT Sandpaw

Well Banya I suppose we must agree to disagree. But none the less, I always liked Jukka's tribe, they seemed driven by honor but they really didn't want to help out. They were their own creatures and seemed more like a neutral force rather then a. "Oh Aye creatures be in trouble lets rush to help them in a battle that might kill half of us!" Type characters that all otters and badgers seem to be.

Delthion

Quote from: The Skarzs on September 18, 2015, 04:29:17 PM
Quote from: Delthion on September 18, 2015, 04:47:18 AM
*Shuns Banya's existence.*
She's allowed her opinion. :P

As for Jukka's tribe, I really disliked their intolerance toward nearly every other beast but themselves.

Notice the grins! ;D ;D