News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Build your own Redwall Abbey

Started by SpringWitch, September 01, 2012, 03:45:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpringWitch

Did anyone else have the 'Build your own Redwall Abbey' set as a kid? I had it, but I think I was about 12/13 by the time it got to Australia. I kept it at my grandparents house (I think it might still be there) and I remember trying to set it up the first time was a bit of a nightmare. My grandpa and I were there for hours trying to set it up and then I made them leave it up in their back room for weeks before grandma finally take it down. every so often I would dig it out and set it up again - it was much easier once everything had been folded. I loved it so much that eventually the rooftops wouldn't sit properly... And I think I might have lost Basil.

I remember it also came with the 'Redwall Map and Riddler" short story - which I loved. I used to be able to remember the poem but I'm not sure what became of it after I moved house.

Lily

I did! I remember buying it as soon as it came out in book stores in Australia. It was on proud display in my room for years, right up until I entered university. It was moved to the top of my cupboard then, and now I assume it's packed away in some box somewhere along with all the rest of my stuff. I loved the short story that came with it, I remember memorising the Warrior's Code. I also liked how you could find the clues from the story on the model itself.

Also, welcome back to the forum, SpringWitch!

Redwallfan7

"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers