News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

The most random thread ever!!!

Started by Icefire, July 04, 2011, 04:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiria Wildlough

Quote from: Icefire on January 01, 2013, 06:11:35 AM
Happy birthday, earth! Why doesn't anyone say it that way? And why does everyone think this is the perfect time to make a bunch of lifestyle changes? Hm...
What's wrong with making lifestyle changes?
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

winifred

My Resolution this year, which I am now breaking, is to not make any resolutions ;D
Sherlock
Doctor Who
Beyond the Western Deep
Mouseguard
Ranger's Apprentice
Lord of the Rings
The Chronicles of Narnia
The Book Thief
Harry Potter
Percy Jackson
:D
And many many more...

Icefire

Quote from: Tiria Wildlough on January 01, 2013, 07:45:04 AM
Quote from: Icefire on January 01, 2013, 06:11:35 AM
Happy birthday, earth! Why doesn't anyone say it that way? And why does everyone think this is the perfect time to make a bunch of lifestyle changes? Hm...
What's wrong with making lifestyle changes?
Nothing is wrong with making lifestyle changes! It can be a great thing! My question is why do people in a way designate this as the best time to choose to make a change?
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

Tiria Wildlough

My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Rainshadow

I don't make resolutions because I always forget them.  Just like how I forget my friends' birthdays, my family members' birthdays, what I had for dinner last night, what day it is, how many Tylenol I'm supposed to take, etc.  :P
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Redwallfan7

Favorite new Sam quote from iCarly, this one from the episode I open a Restaurant 

"Do you have tater tots? Momma loves me some tater tots!"
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Rainshadow

Favorite quote from NCIS (that I can remember):

Tony had the pneumonic plague, and he came in for work shortly after recovering.  He didn't look well at all, and Gibbs kept telling him that he needed to take an extra week off.  The car that they're investigating had a bomb attached to the trunk, and Tony had to hold the key in place while Kate and McGee ran off.  Gibbs heard the car blow up and saw Kate and McGee running away from it.  They all are worrying for Tony when he comes crawling up the hill, looking out of breath.  Right as they saw him, he flopped down and croaked out, "I should've taken the day off."  Then he passed out.

I don't know why I like that quote, but it just seems funny after seeing the seriousness of a car blowing up.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Redwallfan7

I wish Calvin and Hobbes would have been made into a movie or t.v show.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

psybox

I'm glad it wasn't, if it was, it would be against the author's wishes, and would probably be horrible.

Icefire

Agreed. Kind of like Garfield. I don't know if the author was in on that one, but it was no where near as good as the comics.
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

321tumbler

Redwallfan7

Quote from: psybox on January 02, 2013, 02:44:52 PM
I'm glad it wasn't, if it was, it would be against the author's wishes, and would probably be horrible.
How do you know it would be horrible? If the right company did it, and if they got two good voice actors to play Calvin and Hobbes,  I think it could be great. Plus, it could introduce more people to the comic strip.

psybox

again, i doubt Bill Watterson would be happy, and anyway, i really don't see it working.

Romsca

Read The Lord of the Rings! (if you haven't already)

Rainshadow

Eat turkey soup and have orange-cherry soda!  I love the Sodastream.  <3