News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

The most random thread ever!!!

Started by Icefire, July 04, 2011, 04:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rusvul

Wish that I could. Multiplayer server, however, and no matter how much I bug my friend about it, (he's op) I do not have cheaty powers. If I did, command blocks can turn off mobspawns.

Rainshadow

Ooh, I was shown once how to op people.  It's nice.  ;D

Random story of the day:  I was having a family fireside gathering today, and we were all eating hot dogs and s'mores by the fire when all of a sudden, out of nowhere, a tiny green hummingbird flew up, looking at us curiously.  It flew around the fire, nearly flew INTO the fire (all us girls were freaking out about that ;)), and was close enough for me to hear its wing beating.  I mean, it came within a foot or two of me!  It actually did that several times, flying away from the fire and to the trees, then back to us, then away, then back, etc.  Someone guessed that it thought all the ash was little bugs, so it was trying to catch them.  It was such a cool experience, though!  I've never, ever, EVER been that close to a wild bird before, let alone a hummingbird!  You could totally tell that it was really comfy around us.  Probably because there was a hummingbird feeder by the house.  ;)
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Buzz_Bumble

Quote from: Rainshadow on June 09, 2013, 03:13:14 PM
  Hmm, just curious, what's The Wombles?

Opps! Sorry, I thought this was the Random Facts topic. D'oh!

The Wombles is a series of children's books written by Elisabeth Beresford. They were also made into a British kid's TV series many years ago. Wombles live all over the world, but the books and TV series was about the family living in London's Wimbledon Common (a large park). They live in an undergound tunnel house, are never seen by humans, and collect and re-use the rubbish humans throw away ... and this was YEARS before the "green" recycling idea.

There's someone on these forums using the nickname Orinoco, which was my favourite Womble (I've got a small finger puppet that sits on my study desk and somewhere I think I still have a large soft-toy version).  :)

Left to right: Wellington, Orinoco, Bungo, Tomsk, and Great Uncle Bulgaria.

DanielofRedwall

If you water an apple tree with apple juice, is it technically forced cannibalism?
Received mostly negative reviews.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Quote from: DanielofRedwall on June 10, 2013, 03:19:07 PM
If you water an apple tree with apple juice, is it technically forced cannibalism?

Mayhapz. Anyvay, Ze Duck Zong 2!

NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Icefire

Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

Blazemane

Quote from: DanielofRedwall on June 10, 2013, 03:19:07 PM

So that's how they make concentrate!

Buzz_Bumble

Quote from: Blazemane on June 11, 2013, 09:13:29 AM
that's how they make concentrate!

Nope. They make concentrate by giving the fruit extremely difficult puzzles to solve.  ;)

Rainshadow

Quote from: Buzz_Bumble on June 11, 2013, 09:45:56 AM
Quote from: Blazemane on June 11, 2013, 09:13:29 AM
that's how they make concentrate!

Nope. They make concentrate by giving the fruit extremely difficult puzzles to solve.  ;)

Hmm, I've been wondering that for quite some time now!  That totally makes sense!  ;)

Quote from: Icefire on June 11, 2013, 05:50:56 AM
Where's my chainsaw?

Um, I think you left it at my house.  Maybe in the crawlspace, where I'm still waiting with Abby.  Uh oh, she's trying to figure out how to turn it on!  Bad dog!  No playing with Ice's chainsaw!
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Romsca

What did Ice need the chainsaw for? It won't work against Death Defying Beavers! ;D

Rusvul

Me: I'm just the brainwashed oblivious victim.
My mom: Cool.

Tam and Martin

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Icefire

Quote from: Romsca on June 11, 2013, 06:20:13 PM
What did Ice need the chainsaw for? It won't work against Death Defying Beavers! ;D

Of course not! It will work, however, against the Redwallers.
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

PrimroseWarrior

then the princess, got annoyed!
"Every fairytale needs a good old-fashioned villain. You need me, or you're nothing."
    ~Moriarty

"People have died."
"Thats what people DO!"

"Did u miss me?"
      ~Moriarty & Sherlock

The Shade

Peanuts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I