News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

The most random thread ever!!!

Started by Icefire, July 04, 2011, 04:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Shade

They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

Ferrousferret

-You can leave your house key on the Davenport... no, the Davenport... you know, the Loveseat? Does that look like a Duvan to you?

-You know what, just take your keys- I don't know what you're talking about.

Rainshadow

My trip to the doctor's office this morning:

I feel really bad for the lady who was trying to take my blood, 'cause I just started BAWLING when I got into that uncomfortable chair.  I was tired, hungry, nervous, horrified that I was gonna be stuck with a needle, and pretty much just feeling horrible when I went in, so I was sobbing through most of the time.  Well, all of the time.  After I'd had my blood drawn, the nurse asked me if I was okay (I had tears just streaming down my face at this point).  I mentioned that I was really hungry (it was around 11 or 11:30 AM and I'd eaten a small bowl of cereal at 7 AM), and she got me a bag of Keebler cookies and a box of apple juice.  :P  I felt like a little kid, sobbing in the waiting room, eating tiny chocolate cookies and drinking my box of apple juice (there were a bunch of people in the waiting room, so that didn't help), but who cares?  I'd just had a whole phial of blood taken from my arm!  I'll be a little kid and cry about that if I want.  (Did I mention that I absolutely hate needles and all things having to do with needles?)

My sob story is now over.  Please pay no heed to me today, because I'm just very off.  I mean, after getting my blood drawn, when I stood up, I was so dizzy that I had pretty much no depth perception.  And the room was spinning.  Yeah, don't listen to me today.  I'm just woozy and tired.  (Yes, this is my first experience of having my blood drawn.  And yes, I am a wimp.  ;))
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Norham Waterpaw

That reminds me; (thankfully I don't mind needles much) but when I had an infection, I had to get blood drawn. The nurse kept missing my artery, and eventually got it on the fourth try.
It was an interesting visit to say the least.
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

Faiyloe

Quote from: Rainshadow on September 25, 2013, 10:39:49 PM
  My trip to the doctor's office this morning:

I feel really bad for the lady who was trying to take my blood, 'cause I just started BAWLING when I got into that uncomfortable chair.  I was tired, hungry, nervous, horrified that I was gonna be stuck with a needle, and pretty much just feeling horrible when I went in, so I was sobbing through most of the time.  Well, all of the time.  After I'd had my blood drawn, the nurse asked me if I was okay (I had tears just streaming down my face at this point).  I mentioned that I was really hungry (it was around 11 or 11:30 AM and I'd eaten a small bowl of cereal at 7 AM), and she got me a bag of Keebler cookies and a box of apple juice.  :P  I felt like a little kid, sobbing in the waiting room, eating tiny chocolate cookies and drinking my box of apple juice (there were a bunch of people in the waiting room, so that didn't help), but who cares?  I'd just had a whole phial of blood taken from my arm!  I'll be a little kid and cry about that if I want.  (Did I mention that I absolutely hate needles and all things having to do with needles?)

My sob story is now over.  Please pay no heed to me today, because I'm just very off.  I mean, after getting my blood drawn, when I stood up, I was so dizzy that I had pretty much no depth perception.  And the room was spinning.  Yeah, don't listen to me today.  I'm just woozy and tired.  (Yes, this is my first experience of having my blood drawn.  And yes, I am a wimp.  ;))

Oh I am so sorry I feel the same way about needles and I sympathies. I have had to get my blood drawn before and it makes me feel the same way. At least its over for you.   
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Rainshadow

Quote from: Norham Waterpaw on September 25, 2013, 10:43:42 PM
That reminds me; (thankfully I don't mind needles much) but when I had an infection, I had to get blood drawn. The nurse kept missing my artery, and eventually got it on the fourth try.

Yikes!  No, this lady got it on the first try, but she could've been much gentler.  ;)  (Lol, she kept trying to talk to me the whole time, but I seriously have no idea what she said.  :P)

@Faiy:  Yeah, at least it's over.  I couldn't bend my arm for about an hour, though.  ::)
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Faiyloe

I would seriously pass out if she had to do it more than once!

Rainshadow

Quote from: Faiyloe on September 25, 2013, 10:53:57 PM

I would seriously pass out if she had to do it more than once!

A show of hands to all those who agree with that post.  *Raises hand*  *Raises other hand*  *Raises feet*  *Raises whole body*  *Raises friend's hands*

Faiyloe

I agree cuz I was the one who posted it!  ;D *raises hands any way*

psybox

Sherlock Holmes is not a martian time lord!

Tiria Wildlough

Let 'em go, 'cause dreams don't turn to dust...

I hear you, Rainshadow. Once I fell off my skateboard and had to go and get stitches in my chin. I was stuck in that waiting room for more than an hour, having to hold a bandage on my face, watch a dumb TV show, and listen to the other people moaning about their problems. T_T Then when I FINALLY got to get the stitches, my mum came in eating a sandwich. That was too much for me, since I had only had a measly cafeteria sandwich for dinner, and I started blubbering just as they were about to stitch me up. :-[
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Faiyloe

Aw that stinks too!

I am allergic to egg and I was having a taste test to see if I was NOT allergic any more cuz it was pretty low on the charts. Well we waited for what was like hours and then we finally went in and I had to eat scrambled eggs  :P. they tasted awful. I had a little fork full like every ten minutes and near the end i was so hungry I felt like I was going to collapses. I did that till I had eaten like en entire eggs worth. And I still hadn't reacted. Then I went home and broke out in hives.         

Tam and Martin

Quote from: Faiyloe on September 26, 2013, 12:49:36 PM
Aw that stinks too!

I am allergic to egg and I was having a taste test to see if I was NOT allergic any more cuz it was pretty low on the charts. Well we waited for what was like hours and then we finally went in and I had to eat scrambled eggs  :P. they tasted awful. I had a little fork full like every ten minutes and near the end i was so hungry I felt like I was going to collapses. I did that till I had eaten like en entire eggs worth. And I still hadn't reacted. Then I went home and broke out in hives.         
You're allergic to eggs! I couldn't imagine life without eggs!

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Faiyloe

Try and imagining that you brake out in a rash every time you eat it. How about now?

Also I can still have cake pancakes and allot of other things made with eggs you just substitute the eggs.   

Tam and Martin

We've substituted eggs for some things when we don't have enough and our chickens are slowed down. Right now we are not getting a lot of eggs from our chickens because our barn is swamped  :P

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000