News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

The most random thread ever!!!

Started by Icefire, July 04, 2011, 04:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maudie

Yeah, but I've only thought a girl was boy once. But that was fixed soon, because she was in the girl's clothing section.
I don't think I've ever thought a guy was a girl. But I was asked if I was a guy by a little girl once and I didn't even have a pixie. My hair was just in a really short (and ugly) bob.
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Russa Nodrey

Freddy

Maudie

"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Russa Nodrey

I also have cold fingers. I also like being weirdish.
Freddy

Rainshadow

Quote from: Mask on December 05, 2014, 12:03:56 AM
AARRGGGHHHH! I am frustrated with my brother right now. I told him a wanted a pixie cut and he was like, "WHAAA? I hate pixie cuts! I refuse to let you get a pixie cut!"  :P He's so bossy. Right now I'd get a pixie cut just to show him he can't tell me what to do. I'm a tomboy. That is reason enough to get a pixie cut. I have a feeling if I want to get a pixie cut I'll have to debate it with every member of my family, because so far their reactions haven't been positive at all. I didn't know until now that my family was so hairist.
Ok, it's safe now. Rant over.

*Shuffles notes*  *Clears throat*  Okay, so about two and a half years ago, after several months of wanting to mention I wanted to get my hair cut short, I finally blurted out to my mother that I hated my bushman hair and that I wanted a pixie cut.  She kinda stared at me for a second, went, "Uhh...", and that was the end of the discussion.  My siblings, who had overheard this, were like, "You want short hair?  *Snort*"

Then, a few days later, I let it drop again that I was sick of my hair and that I wanted it cut off.  My mom again was silent for a second, then she said, "Alright, what hairstyle would you like?  A pixie cut?"  I nodded, and me and my mom sat down at the computer to look up hairstyles.  After finding a good one, my mom said that she'd talk to my dad about it, and I thought, "Welp, that's the end of it.  I'll have bushman hair for the rest of my life."

My mom told me my dad's response a couple days later.  "If she wants to look like a boy, that's fine with me.  It's her choice."  He had a sorta "I don't even care" tone of voice, from how she repeated it, but it was a YES.  So, I think it was about a week later, I got my hair all chopped off in this style:

(I know, she has a weird look on her face, but the hair is what I'm pointing out.)  My siblings were shocked.  My dad was indifferent.  My mom was beside herself with how weird it was that she had a daughter with short hair.  I felt bad about having my hair that way.  People thought I was weird, even if they said otherwise.

But, after a few weeks of getting used to it, my mother said, "Y'know, it's still weird to see you with short hair, but it actually looks really good on you."  My siblings were okay with it.  My dad?  Still indifferent.  :P

So my opinion on the matter?  If you want short hair, downright go out and say that you want a pixie cut.  People may think that it's weird, but trust me, having short hair is awesome.  (Way better than my frizzy nightmare of a haircut beforehand.)  You may get called sir a few times, but people will get used to it.  It's your hair, not anyone else's, so why should they tell you what you can and can't do with it?  (Of course, I'm not telling you to sneak out and get your hair cut in secret.  This would probably be a bad idea.  I'm just saying that if you truly want a pixie cut, be vocal about it.  Don't shut up about how much you want this haircut.  If your family still won't allow it, maybe offer to pay for it yourself (assuming that you don't already pay for your haircuts).  Do whatever you can to let them know that you want short hair.)

(And that Drew Barrymore picture isn't actually what my hair looks like now.  After two years of that cut, I got tired of it and asked for a new one.  My mom was like, "You wanna look like a goth punk?  Um... let me ask your father."  Of course, I thought this was the end of it, that I'd be stuck with a Drew Barrymore hairstyle for the rest of my life, but my father's response was, "If she wants to look like a boy, it's fine with me.  It's her choice.")

My current hairstyle (which doesn't look very goth punk to me)

Although, my hair is a dull brown, not that colour red.  It'd be cool if it were red, but my parents do have a limit with what I can do to my hair.  :P  Also, my hair's thicker than that, so it looks a bit fuller than her hairstyle.  But yeah.  I like it.  Very easy to maintain.  Very cute, in my opinion.
[close]

Quote from: Delthion on December 05, 2014, 03:59:24 AM
NEVER!!! ;D ;D

But I must admit, it does almost look "wrong" for a girl to have a really short haircut, to me at least.

#Awkward
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

The Mask

So Kawaii Rain.. :P

Hmm... what hairstyle do I have... Eh whatever works. It'll be long and uncombed generally but occasionally I have to cut it.
I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

" I will burn the heart out of you." Moriarty, Sherlock

The Skarzs

Okay, don't mind the picture, please, but this is the kind of way I cut my hair. (Yes, I cut my own hair; I ain't gonna pay a barber for this.)

(This pop tart tastes like burnt plastic.)
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Maudie

I'll try your strategy and see how it works, Rain.

I want to cut my hair!

Jukka the Sling

I have really long (waist-length) hair, and I like it.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Rusvul

Quote from: Mask on December 05, 2014, 05:41:22 AM
Yeah, that's a plus too. You can make people feel awkward because they thought you were a boy.
No... It's not really a plus. As the inverse, I can verify. Er, unless you like to embarrass people. Which I don't.

I don't really think that my parents would oppose any way I decided to cut my hair. They tend to be pretty okay with most personal choices I make, providing it doesn't have any negative effect.

Maudie

I just told my dad that I wanted to get a short haircut. His response: "This family doesn't have much of a reputation, but we do have some. I don't want you ruining it."

Well, that went well. :P

Delthion

Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Rainshadow

Quote from: Mask on December 06, 2014, 02:40:29 AM
I just told my dad that I wanted to get a short haircut. His response: "This family doesn't have much of a reputation, but we do have some. I don't want you ruining it."

Ouch.  Seriously, though, what's so wrong with having short hair?  It's not all that uncommon, actually, and can look quite feminine.  (In my case, I look sorta masculine with short hair, but that's more because of my facial build, and is only accented by my hair.  I was called sir long before I got a short cut.  :P)
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Delthion

Just because it usually doesn't look right on a girl. Just sayin'. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Maudie

Quote from: Rainshadow on December 06, 2014, 03:16:50 AM
Quote from: Mask on December 06, 2014, 02:40:29 AM

Ouch.  Seriously, though, what's so wrong with having short hair?  It's not all that uncommon, actually, and can look quite feminine.  (In my case, I look sorta masculine with short hair, but that's more because of my facial build, and is only accented by my hair.  I was called sir long before I got a short cut.  :P)

I really don't think short hair is bad at all. I've liked it for a while now, and every time I see a pixie cut I'm like, "Good for them!" And my siblings are like, "Ugh! Why did she do that?"
I'm ashamed to be related to them sometimes. ::)