News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

The most random thread ever!!!

Started by Icefire, July 04, 2011, 04:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rusvul

Quote from: The Skarzs on December 06, 2014, 04:30:23 PM
I feel one thing here that is emanating so strongly: Bias.
Mask should respect her father and not cut her hair; what she does with her hair when she is out of the house can no longer be his concern. Respect for parents is a sign of love, and disobedience can tear families apart. Now yes, no one is perfect, so her father undoubtedly has things that he thinks differently about that others, and probably things that others think 'aren't right'. Despite this, if it is not going to damage anything, Mask should still obey her father.
I hope everyone has the same respect and love for their own parents to understand what I am trying to say here.

Ah. I believe that this is a fundamental difference in philosophy. It seems you think that one owes one's existance to your parents, and that you should honor them when possible- Obediance and trust (where it is due, at least) before reason and freedom. I think I'm correct there, but by all means correct me if I'm wrong.

I, on the other hand, think otherwise. I owe my parents respect and kindness, so long as they return it, and I help them where I can. I don't owe them a debt. They're not my superiors, they might be my elders but not my betters. By having a child I think that you agree to sacrifice a lot for them, to help them where possible, and to let them be their own person when they need to. The child's wish comes before yours with trivial things, and in any decision related to them their opinion is just as valid as the opinion of anyone else. Of course, as a parent, it's your job to prevent them from getting in too much trouble. All about respect, mutual respect. Reason and freedom before obedience and trust.

However, with more important things- when it is likely to affect the child negatively, or cause a significant problem- then being more strict makes sense. Protecting a child for their sake and restricting them for your own sake are entirely different things.

My ethics, my opinion. Doesn't have to be yours.

The Mask

I like infecting people with the plague.
I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

" I will burn the heart out of you." Moriarty, Sherlock

Maudie

I was just raking leaves in my front yard and simultaneously singing Let It Go. I got some pretty weird looks from passing drivers. ;D
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Delthion

I've been singing Sound the Pibroch for many days.
Sound the Pibroch
[close]
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Rainshadow

Quote from: Mask on December 06, 2014, 06:35:45 PM
I just brushed my teeth. :o (With an electric toothbrush, cause that's one of perks that comes with braces.)

Waiiiit a second...  *Glances accusingly at orthodontist*  I didn't get an electric toothbrush when I got my braces on...  But hey, I'll get a little squirty thing to squirt water into my wounds when I get my wisdom teeth out next week!  Yay!  (Not.)

Yeah, the only perks I can see to having my wisdom teeth ripped outta my face is that I (1) get to shirk my responsibilities for a few days, (2) am pitied by my mother, and (3) I get to sit on the couch and watch Harry Potter next week.  Woot!  ;D
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Maudie

Ok, time for forum-free Sunday. I will (probably) return on Monday.
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Maudie

Yay! My dad said I could get a pixie cut! ;D :D *victory dance.*

Søren

I'm retired from the forum

Rainshadow

Quote from: Mask on December 08, 2014, 10:20:27 PM
Yay! My dad said I could get a pixie cut! ;D :D *victory dance.*

*Sings Hallelujah Chorus*  :D
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Maudie

Quote from: A Random Guy I Saw at The Orthodontist'sI used to think my mom was really into Pinstagram, but then I found out that wasn't actually a thing.

This made me laugh. :D

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Søren

Here's sone fairly random that I should have known all this time but just learned: Russa is the younger sister of Amber and Jukka. I knew Jukka and Amber were sisters. :P
Quote from: Mask on December 09, 2014, 06:15:00 PM
Quote from: A Random Guy I Saw at The Orthodontist'sI used to think my mom was really into Pinstagram, but then I found out that wasn't actually a thing.

This made me laugh. :D
Follow @RedwallForumLovesCats on Pinstagram!

Rainshadow

"Hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggoooooooooowwwwwwwwwwww..."  - Me right now.

Seriously, my face is aching and numb at the same time.  This.  Sucks.  I was sobbing for absolutely no reason when they woke me up, and now I can barely open my mouth without pain.  That also sucks 'cause I'm starving and I wanna eat something.  Ugh.

Søren

I feel for you bro...
Or sis...
Whatever.

The Skarzs

Quote from: Rainshadow on December 09, 2014, 07:02:06 PM
  "Hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggoooooooooowwwwwwwwwwww..."  - Me right now.

Seriously, my face is aching and numb at the same time.  This.  Sucks.  I was sobbing for absolutely no reason when they woke me up, and now I can barely open my mouth without pain.  That also sucks 'cause I'm starving and I wanna eat something.  Ugh.
I feel no sympathy for you.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.