News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

The most random thread ever!!!

Started by Icefire, July 04, 2011, 04:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rainshadow

Has anyone else seen the new show on TNT, The Librarians?  It's based off of The Librarian films, and even has some of the same characters.  It's a bit of a cheesy show, but then again, the films were kinda cheesy, too.  And it's only got five episodes, so of course the budget for animation and stuff ain't gonna be all too big.  ;)  But it's still a good series, in my opinion.  I really like Ezekiel.  ;D
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Maudie

What does it say about my status on sleep that I think Rusvul is stalking me just because he's looked at some of the same threads I've looked at? Lol, I need sleep.

"Sleep is for people without access to the internet."
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Rusvul

It says that you are delusional and should probably sleep.

On an unrelated note, the rogue/assassin-style class in Wildstar- Stalker- is really fun. I get an awesome stealth field ability, so I can sneak up on people, 'Impale' them, whap them with 'Concussive Kicks,' and if I'm ever outgunned I can do a 'Tactical Retreat' and get away unscathed. Stalker is the best class.

(No, seriously, though, I wasn't forum-stalking you. :P)

Jetthebinturong

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on December 30, 2014, 02:35:35 AM
I'm super happy 'cause my mom is currently in the process of buying all three LotR movies BRAND-NEW on eBay for just ten bucks! Well, technically I'll be paying for it, but of course my mom has to make the transaction.

Extended editions?
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Maudie

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on December 30, 2014, 05:48:34 AM
(No, seriously, though, I wasn't forum-stalking you. :P)

I know. I'm just being silly right now. My head is currently in rather confusing state that I am attributing to the fact that I am now aware of my ADHD, which is complete nonsense, but a good excuse. ;D

"I'm confused.
Wait, maybe I'm not..."
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Rusvul

Woo! Four levels until I unlock Concussive Kicks, then I can stop using Analyze Weaknesses! (Analyze weaknesses is bad. Concussive Kicks is better.)

Also, in five levels I can get a hoverboard. Yay, more efficient movement than my hoverbike! :D

But there are no player characters around... W* is sadly kind of empty.

Delthion

So is this Wildstar only ground combat? Or is there space fighting and star exploration as well?
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Jukka the Sling

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on December 30, 2014, 12:19:14 PM
Quote from: Jukka the Sling on December 30, 2014, 02:35:35 AM
I'm super happy 'cause my mom is currently in the process of buying all three LotR movies BRAND-NEW on eBay for just ten bucks! Well, technically I'll be paying for it, but of course my mom has to make the transaction.

Extended editions?
Unfortunately, no.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Rainshadow

I kept telling myself, "Okay, no having a romance with Cullen.  You like Varric 'cause he's funny; Cullen's too serious.  No romance with Cullen."  And what'd I do?  Chose every single romance option with Cullen, simply 'cause it was available, whereas Varric doesn't have any romantic stuff to do yet.  Well, and plus the fact that it's funny to see him squirm.  He gets all flustered when you flirt with him.  ;D
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Maudie

Cullen, like EDWARD CULLEN?? How could you?!?! (Sorry, Corn, voicing my thoughts. Take no personal offense.) EDWARD CULLEN MUST NEVER ENTER THIS THREAD!!!!

"YOU SHALL NOT PASS!!!"

Mhera

Does ANYONE besides me like rhubarb pie?

The Skarzs

I do! Though, we make blueberrry-rhubarb pie, usually.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Rainshadow

Quote from: Mask on December 31, 2014, 03:02:54 AM
Cullen, like EDWARD CULLEN?? How could you?!?! (Sorry, Corn, voicing my thoughts. Take no personal offense.) EDWARD CULLEN MUST NEVER ENTER THIS THREAD!!!!

"YOU SHALL NOT PASS!!!"

NOT THAT CULLEN!  *Is shocked and offended that Masky 1.0 would ever think I'd be attracted to Robert Pattinson*  I meant Cullen Rutherford and Varric Tethras.  They're two characters from Dragon Age.  Varric's a sarcastic dwarven author and is hilarious to listen to, whereas Cullen is a serious human templar and is... well, sorta boring.  Not extremely so, and I'm sure he gets better as the game progresses, but as of now he's only really interesting when I flirt with him.  He starts stammering and tries to change the topic in a hilarious way.  ;D

Delthion

What is your opinion on Dragon Age? That's another that I'm interested in. But isn't that also rated M?
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Rusvul

Quote from: Delthion on December 30, 2014, 09:04:07 PM
So is this Wildstar only ground combat? Or is there space fighting and star exploration as well?
In its most general of mechanics, it's a lot like WoW. It's centered around combat and questing, on a single planet- Nexus- But there are large elements of exploration as well. There are certain missions called 'Shiphands' which are instances that take place on starships, but other than that there isn't a lot to do with space ships.

The main way that it differs from WoW is its theme and its combat. In WoW, you can kinda stand still and spam abilities. In Wildstar, if you do that, you will get hit with a million 'telegraphs' and die.

Every significant ability makes a shape on the floor- Cones, circles, lines, fields, etc- called a telegraph. Blue ones are attacks from someone on your team, red ones are attacks from enemies, and green ones will heal/buff you. It's pretty much only basic abilities that don't have telegraphs- So if the enemy I'm fighting does its normal shot at me, I pretty much just get hit, but if it does its cone-shotgun ability, I can dodge out of the way and avoid all damage. You have a higher DPS relative to hitpoints than you would in other games, but any of your abilities can be dodged fairly easily. You have to be much more mobile than in some other MMOs.