News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

The most random thread ever!!!

Started by Icefire, July 04, 2011, 04:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hickory

Excellent! on a side note, have you seen them all?

mad axe murderer! *chokes*
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Søren

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on January 03, 2015, 05:16:12 PM
Quote from: Soren the Warrior on January 03, 2015, 01:44:36 AM
Quote from: rusvulthesaber on January 02, 2015, 07:44:40 AM
Hey, everybody! Civ: Beyond Earth is cool! Cool enough to keep me up until almost 3:00! It's like sci-fi Civ V with a few more features and a terrible 'Health' system that replaced happiness!

And no, it isn't Alpha Centauri 2. But it shares some common elements.
That sounded like a cool game. Almost cool enough to pry me from my PlayStation.
ERROR: IMPLIED CONSOLE SUPERIORITY DETECTED. PROTOCOL CONVERSION-06 INITIALIZING. ("Consoles are the inferior platform. A PC can run games on 60fps, your machine can frequently only run at 30. My PC can do whatever I want it to, I can configure most anything. Your console is limited. PC is the superior platform. Convert.") CONVERSION 06 COMPLETED

(I am something of a zealot when it comes to that. But a surprisingly friendly one, because I don't actually care all that much if you prefer console. :P)
But I have a theatre 3D tv, and you dont have a 3D display. So...

I'm retired from the forum

Rainshadow

I had this dream that I was in an RP with a bunch of you guys that was supposed to be a bit like the Hobbit, in that all the characters were fighting orcs in a town on the lake.  Someone (I think it was Jukka, but I can't quite remember) said that they were gonna play Romsca, but they didn't really touch the character, so I took her over.  Without asking.  After posting a few times with her, I realized that I hadn't asked, and I apologized.  I was met with a response like this:  "I'm fine that you took over my character, although I would've liked it if you'd asked, but what I'm bugged with is how poorly you portrayed Romsca."

This horrified me, so I went over to Icefire's house and told her about it.  She did a sort of laugh that made me feel like an idiot and said something like this:  "Well, yeah!  You made her so flaky and wimpy!"

After that, I "woke up" (I was still dreaming) and actually thought that had happened, which absolutely horrified me.  Then I woke up for real and was both confused and relieved.  :P
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Maudie

"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Jukka the Sling

"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Maudie

Anyone else ever feel disembodied from their forum self? Like "Oh, there's a post Jukka, and a post by Rainshadow, and a post by Mask. Hey, that looks like something I would say! Oh wait, that is me."
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Norham Waterpaw

Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

Rusvul

Quote from: Soren the Warrior on January 03, 2015, 06:26:35 PM
Hey, everybody! Civ: Beyond Earth is cool! Cool enough to keep me up until almost 3:00! It's like sci-fi Civ V with a few more features and a terrible 'Health' system that replaced happiness!

That sounded like a cool game. Almost cool enough to pry me from my PlayStation.
ERROR: IMPLIED CONSOLE SUPERIORITY DETECTED. PROTOCOL CONVERSION-06 INITIALIZING. ("Consoles are the inferior platform. A PC can run games on 60fps, your machine can frequently only run at 30. My PC can do whatever I want it to, I can configure most anything. Your console is limited. PC is the superior platform. Convert.") CONVERSION 06 COMPLETED

(I am something of a zealot when it comes to that. But a surprisingly friendly one, because I don't actually care all that much if you prefer console. :P)
I have a 1920x1080 21'' monitor and more processing power. While you pew pew pew away at 30 FPS with your analog stick, I'll be precise and accurate with my 60 FPS and my wonderful mouse. I don't need 3D, I care more about performance and mechanics than a pretty button mash.

(Still don't care if you prefer Playstation :P...)

Maudie

This sounds weird, but it makes me happy when Rusvul gets online. Aargh! Why am I posting this? *Rallies defenses against the teasing that will ensue.*

Rainshadow

Quote from: Mask on January 03, 2015, 08:04:39 PM
This sounds weird, but it makes me happy when Rusvul gets online. Aargh! Why am I posting this? *Rallies defenses against the teasing that will ensue.*

*Obligatory ooooOOOOOOoooooh*  ;D
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

The Mask

I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

" I will burn the heart out of you." Moriarty, Sherlock

Søren

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on January 03, 2015, 08:02:27 PM
Quote from: Soren the Warrior on January 03, 2015, 06:26:35 PM

I have a 1920x1080 21'' monitor and more processing power. While you pew pew pew away at 30 FPS with your analog stick, I'll be precise and accurate with my 60 FPS and my wonderful mouse. I don't need 3D, I care more about performance and mechanics than a pretty button mash.

(Still don't care if you prefer Playstation :P...)
Whatever dude. I never liked the PC gaming thing. I always felt that the game controller is almost like a Bat'leth. Don't need to think about it, it's a extension of my fingers. Never was like that with PC gaming.

I'm retired from the forum

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

James Gryphon

Different controllers for different games, but I tend to prefer mouse-keyboard for flexibility and precision control. I can't think of any games that are much more difficult or unplayable with those, and there's quite a few that are with your alternatives. For FPSs, mouse aim is simply essential, and I like the fine control the keyboard gives you for racing games. There's room for the others though: I think a controller is better for the hockey game I play, and I prefer a joystick with flight simulators, though it starts to hurt my arm after a while.
« Subject to editing »

The Skarzs

I do like the way controllers feel, especially with first person shooters, because it's a bit like holding a weapon in your hand when you pull the trigger. I think I wouldn't mind playing games like Skyrim on a PC because doing it on a console can be a bit awkward, but manageable.
I do like games on both PC and consoles, but I feel that the future of gaming will be PC. ;)
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.