News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

The most random thread ever!!!

Started by Icefire, July 04, 2011, 04:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Mask

Quote from: The Skarzs on January 03, 2015, 09:48:21 PM
I do like the way controllers feel, especially with first person shooters, because it's a bit like holding a weapon in your hand when you pull the trigger. I think I wouldn't mind playing games like Skyrim on a PC because doing it on a console can be a bit awkward, but manageable.
I do like games on both PC and consoles, but I feel that the future of gaming will be PC. ;)
^^^^
I kinda suck at fps. I was playing some call of duty game and friend got attack dogs at me in less than 10 minutes. Apparently that's quite hard.
I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

" I will burn the heart out of you." Moriarty, Sherlock

Søren

I don't play shooting games, I mostly play racing and sports, like NFS, GT6 and Madden.  The controller is great for me.

I'm retired from the forum

Rusvul

But a PC is versatile. Want to use a controller on PC? Sure, just plug it in. Want to use a keyboard and mouse on console? No can do. :P

Maudie

Yay! Rusvul is back on!
*Looks around sheepishly, then hides in the corner.*
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Søren

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on January 03, 2015, 10:38:18 PM
But a PC is versatile. Want to use a controller on PC? Sure, just plug it in. Want to use a keyboard and mouse on console? No can do. :P
Eh, what ever. I still like console better!
Quote from: Mask on January 03, 2015, 10:40:15 PM
Yay! Rusvul is back on!
O_0

The Mask

Quote from: Mask on January 03, 2015, 10:40:15 PM
Yay! Rusvul is back on!
OoOOOoOoOh
I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

" I will burn the heart out of you." Moriarty, Sherlock

Rusvul

Cornflower MM

For what it's worth, I prefer using a mouse and keyboard, not a controller. Although Just Dance I is practically my favorite game ever, I much prefer mouse and keyboard.

Jetthebinturong

I recognize the superiority of the PC as a gaming platform but the keyboard and mouse are inferior to the controller, the keyboard is awkward to use, the mouse is too sensitive. I simply cannot imagine playing Skyrim on a keyboard, it sounds like so much hassle. Nor can I imagine playing a shooter on a keyboard, controllers are much more convenient and easier to memorize
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Wylder Treejumper

I am in over my head. The only console I have is an old Gamecube...
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

The Skarzs

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on January 03, 2015, 11:44:32 PM
I recognize the superiority of the PC as a gaming platform but the keyboard and mouse are inferior to the controller, the keyboard is awkward to use, the mouse is too sensitive. I simply cannot imagine playing Skyrim on a keyboard, it sounds like so much hassle. Nor can I imagine playing a shooter on a keyboard, controllers are much more convenient and easier to memorize
Good points.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

James Gryphon

There's nothing wrong with a GameCube. Nintendo has always had great games, whatever generation you're in.

I didn't have a console at all until 2009, when I got a PS2. I only got a PS3 probably a couple of years ago; when my sister and brother-in-law moved away, he gave it to me. I'd like to get a Wii U sometime, but I'm typically behind the times, and I'll probably only get it when it's old.

Whether a keyboard or a controller is better depends on the person. I've been using keyboards probably since I was three or four, so it and the mouse feel perfectly natural to me. The mouse's sensitivity can be argued to be a plus; it allows you to move your cursor anywhere on the screen in half a second. It's also very hard to use the right stick simultaneously with the face buttons without putting your hand in some unnatural shape; I can't think of a comparable weakness with mouse-keyboard (where you usually have the ability to customize all of your controls). If someone grew up using a controller all the time, though, then I can see why they might prefer it.

I will say this -- the worst thing you can do in a game that uses both mouse and keyboard is to set your movement to work with arrow keys. I was a pretty poor FPS player until an acquaintance online heard I wanted to get better, asked a couple of questions, and told me how I needed to change up my control scheme. I switched over to WASD and became twice the player I was before.
« Subject to editing »

Søren

Jukka the Sling

Randomness: Sometimes I wish I could get away with being extremely sarcastic, blunt, or even mean like some people are able to do on here.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Rainshadow

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on January 04, 2015, 01:33:53 AM
Randomness: Sometimes I wish I could get away with being extremely sarcastic, blunt, or even mean like some people are able to do on here.

I feel the same way.  I mean, sometimes I'll do things like that, but the majority of the posts I make start out as rude/sarcastic, then I immediately erase them and write something nicer.  :P

On the topic of controllers and keyboards, I myself am a fan of keyboards.  My brother has controllers for some Steam games, but I just can't get used to them.  Being a Nintendo person, using an Xbox controller is weird, so I just stick to the familiar keyboard.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!