News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

The most random thread ever!!!

Started by Icefire, July 04, 2011, 04:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rusvul

Educated guess, no, it seems like something is probably wrong.

If there's anything that can be done, aside from maintaining the glorious antidepressant status quo of the forum, please notify me/us. :)

Maudie

Physically, I'm fine. Mentally, some people would not agree. I'm just beating myself up with my mind because of extreme frustration. :P ::)
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Rusvul

What is causing you frustration, if I might ask?

Maudie

Umm, braces, parents, sports, friends. A number of things that generally shouldn't be harmful but I'm just letting them get to me more than I should have. Also, the realization that I am not good at, well, anything.
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Rusvul

All of the aforementioned things are, or can be, unpleasant... Braces are really not fun. But you're not bad at everything, nor are you mediocre at everything. If you do any sport with any kind of regularity, I'm sure you're better at it than I am. I don't know what you do in real life, but judging from the way people usually feel about their own performances, there are probably some things that you think you're worse at than you are, and some things that you're worse at than you think. Given that you seem to be inclined towards the former, there probably isn't very much of the latter. We are our own harshest critic, and the harshest of criticism is rarely constructive. Give yourself a break. People are more fun when they're not depressed.

Maudie

Ok. I know. I just needed to let emotions out for a bit instead of wrapping up in myself. I'll probably be over it in a day or two. :P

Søren

Punch something. Or scream in a pillow. Or punch a pillow. Just beat the life out of a pillow. It works for my, most of the time. :P

I'm retired from the forum

Maudie

Rusvul

Pillows feel hollow somehow. I personally prefer to beat the life out of a-

Hey! Why are you here? And why aren't you typing in red?

Søren

Well, they do feel hollow. Just picture it as the face of the person object of your frustration. It takes the edge off.

I'm retired from the forum

Maudie

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on January 20, 2015, 04:24:25 AM
Pillows feel hollow somehow. I personally prefer to beat the life out of a-

Hey! Why are you here? And why aren't you typing in red?

LUVVY!!!

The Skarzs

I like to make knives to help with depression.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Maudie

Books. And music. And socializing. Those are my antidepressants. And they almost always work. Mexican food is my comfort food.

Mhera

I sure hope you feel better soon, Mask.

Personally, I run if I'm feeling frustrated or down. Between 20 and 21 minutes (I've timed it a lot, it's always the same) it's like a switch flips and everything's better.

Skyblade

Quote from: Mask on January 20, 2015, 04:06:09 AM
Umm, braces, parents, sports, friends. A number of things that generally shouldn't be harmful but I'm just letting them get to me more than I should have. Also, the realization that I am not good at, well, anything.

I know how you feel. I'm not even just saying that; I really do. And of course you're good at things. Don't worry.

If you're a Christian, praying is extremely comforting (PLEASE. NO. FLAMEWAR POSTS) I personally also like reading & writing and playing/listening to music. My flute and piccolo are like bandages on my wounds, unless I don't like how I play. Then that just exacerbates the situation :P Walks by myself outside are also soothing.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!