News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

The most random thread ever!!!

Started by Icefire, July 04, 2011, 04:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Gryphon

Quote from: Mask on April 01, 2015, 12:43:59 AM
YES YES YES! I love the Castaways theme!
We thought y'all would. Hopefully it won't wear off until next year (we haven't decided whether we'll do Ghostly Tales or Urso Brunov yet).
QuoteWhere do we discuss April Fools day this year? :P
It seems a little early to make an April Fool's topic, but I guess the forum prank will be up tomorrow, so y'all can speculate on what we're going to do for April Fool's this year, and talk about other pranks across the world, on Dutchmen's Deck.
« Subject to editing »

Maudie

"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Jukka the Sling

*Should be Dutchman's Deck. Just sayin'.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Gonff the Mousethief

Yes!!!!!! This is amazing! I was really hoppin' y'all would do this!
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Maudie

Quote from: James Gryphon on April 01, 2015, 12:49:50 AM
Quote from: Mask on April 01, 2015, 12:43:59 AM
YES YES YES! I love the Castaways theme!
We thought y'all would. Hopefully it won't wear off until next year (we haven't decided whether we'll do Ghostly Tales or Urso Brunov yet).

By this do you mean that it's a (semi) permanent change? :o
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

James Gryphon

Quote from: Mask on April 01, 2015, 12:56:11 AM
By this do you mean that it's a (semi) permanent change? :o
Why would we make an announcement and change the forum if the change wasn't going to stick?
« Subject to editing »

Jukka the Sling

...I'm still not buying it. Why would you do it the day before April 1st?
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

James Gryphon

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on April 01, 2015, 01:06:11 AM
Why would you do it the day before April 1st?
We didn't want people to be confused.
« Subject to editing »

Jetthebinturong

I'm also not buying it because it's the Redwall forum. That's what it's called and it's attached to Redwallabbey.com
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Jukka the Sling

Yeah.

@James: Of course people would be confused if you did it the evening before April Fool's! XP After all, past April Fool's pranks have also begun on the 31st.

James Gryphon

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on April 01, 2015, 01:11:45 AM
I'm also not buying it because it's the Redwall forum. That's what it's called and it's attached to Redwallabbey.com
That's what it has been known as. Like I said, things are going to change over the next little while.

Quote@James: Of course people would be confused if you did it the evening before April Fool's! XP After all, past April Fool's pranks have also begun on the 31st.
To the best of my knowledge, none of the April Fool's pranks we've done have been done before April Fool's Day.
« Subject to editing »

Russa Nodrey

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on April 01, 2015, 01:06:11 AM
...I'm still not buying it. Why would you do it the day before April 1st?
I agree.

Quote from: James Gryphon on April 01, 2015, 01:00:14 AM
Hi The Skarzs,
We would like for people to appreciate Mr. Jacques' Castaways series in the same way that they have his mice books, down to making RPs in the same setting, but the RP board will continue to be run as it has been. If you have a RP based on the mice books, that RP will remain open, and you can make new RPs based on them as well.
This is totally suspicious.
Freddy

Lady Amber

James Gryphon

People have always been able to post RPs about any of Mr. Jacques' works in the RP forum. Nothing has changed in that respect.
« Subject to editing »

Jukka the Sling

Quote from: James Gryphon on April 01, 2015, 01:17:07 AM
Quote@James: Of course people would be confused if you did it the evening before April Fool's! XP After all, past April Fool's pranks have also begun on the 31st.
To the best of my knowledge, none of the April Fool's pranks we've done have been done before April Fool's Day.
The 2013 one started on March 31st! http://redwallabbey.com/forum/index.php?topic=3784   I even saw you viewing that thread before you posted the above thing!